ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Presonus StudioLive SC32 with NSB16.8 question - ISSUE RESOLVED  (Read 1708 times)

John M. Roll

When I set up my Aux mixes, the Master fader DOES NOT control the overall mix volume. Only pulling down the channel fader controls that channel's volume in the mix, but there is no change using the Master fader.  The only time the Master fader is active is on the Main Mix level. The individual channel AND the Master fader both control volume. What am I missing?

John
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 03:17:23 PM by John M. Roll »

Sean Anderson

Re: Presonus StudioLive SC32 with NSB16.8 question
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 11:50:41 PM »

When I set up my Aux mixes, the Master fader DOES NOT control the overall mix volume. Only pulling down the channel fader controls that channel's volume in the mix, but there is no change using the Master fader.  The only time the Master fader is active is on the Main Mix level. The individual channel AND the Master fader both control volume. What am I missing?

John

John, does it work like normal without the nsb connected? I don't have one of the stage boxes, but I do have a series iii 16, a 16r, and a 24r and all the aux masters respond like normal. Lets narrow it down. There is also a studiolive mixer users facebook group where a few of the engineers dwell that is worth asking at. I have not come across this issue yet in my browsing.

Also make sure both are on the latest firmware.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 11:59:19 PM by Sean Anderson »

John M. Roll

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 10:39:44 AM »

John, does it work like normal without the nsb connected? I don't have one of the stage boxes, but I do have a series iii 16, a 16r, and a 24r and all the aux masters respond like normal. Lets narrow it down. There is also a studiolive mixer users facebook group where a few of the engineers dwell that is worth asking at. I have not come across this issue yet in my browsing.

Also make sure both are on the latest firmware.

It used to work before the SB. I'll make sure the box is up to date. Thanks

John M. Roll

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 02:10:12 PM »

It used to work before the SB. I'll make sure the box is up to date. Thanks

I reverted back to the old configuration where I ran a snake and things function normally. Called into Sweetwater who's forwarding this to Presonus

John

Sean Anderson

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 04:57:09 PM »

Strange, let me know how it pans out. They have always sorted me well.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 09:04:03 PM »

Sounds like the master fader is "locked" to FOH output only.  There is a way to "unlock" it, but I'm not sure how that is accomplished.  You may need to hold the "select" button down on the master for a few seconds to unlock.

Also, from the Presonus forum... not sure if this in the ball-park of your issue:
..."You may have your digital send point for the master output set to Pre instead of Post. This would effectively bypass the fader."...

John M. Roll

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 07:02:40 PM »

Sounds like the master fader is "locked" to FOH output only.  There is a way to "unlock" it, but I'm not sure how that is accomplished.  You may need to hold the "select" button down on the master for a few seconds to unlock.

Also, from the Presonus forum... not sure if this in the ball-park of your issue:
..."You may have your digital send point for the master output set to Pre instead of Post. This would effectively bypass the fader."...
Thanks Bob, I'll look into it. Right now I'm having problems upgrading the firmware on the console. The image file is corrupted in the download. I'm supposed to get a call from Presonus on Monday. We'll see what happens.

John

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 03:11:53 PM »

Thanks Bob, I'll look into it. Right now I'm having problems upgrading the firmware on the console. The image file is corrupted in the download. I'm supposed to get a call from Presonus on Monday. We'll see what happens.

John
There is a way to revert your console back to the firmware it had when you purchased it.

From Presonus...

"To Factory Reset and Firmware Revert your mixer, simply power on your mixer while holding the Mute All button on the front panel. Once you see the front panel LEDs begin to flash, you can let go.

The mixer will take slightly longer to boot up as it clears all user data, resets the mixer to Factory Defaults including re-writing all factory scenes and presets, and Reverts to Factory Firmware."

Once your console boots, then you can try the firmware upgrade again.  If the firmware upgrade fails again, it's possible the firmware image is corrupt; which would indicate you should download the firmware again and try the upgrade with the fresh downloaded image.

John M. Roll

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 03:22:43 PM »

Bob,
That was it. Once I unlocked it, the MAIN fader control is reassigned to all mixes. The way it's done is to hold down the SELECT button until it blinks, signaling that the fader is now unlocked. All the mixes should be set to POST also. Thanks for the inspiration. I knew it had to be something like that after you said it, but I didn't know how to unlock it either.

John

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
Re: Presonus StudioLive SC32 with NSB16.8 question - ISSUE RESOLVED
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 07:52:52 AM »

Bob,
That was it. Once I unlocked it, the MAIN fader control is reassigned to all mixes. The way it's done is to hold down the SELECT button until it blinks, signaling that the fader is now unlocked. All the mixes should be set to POST also. Thanks for the inspiration. I knew it had to be something like that after you said it, but I didn't know how to unlock it either.

John
Nice!

Good to see that's all it was.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Presonus StudioLive SC32 with NSB16.8 question - ISSUE RESOLVED
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 07:52:52 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.