ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bose freespace install  (Read 2033 times)

(Brian) Frost

bose freespace install
« on: March 15, 2021, 01:43:24 PM »

do I need to use the bose freespace amps to power an existing bose freespace install or can I use any 70v amp with enough power to cover the existing zones?

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
Re: bose freespace install
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 08:13:57 PM »

do I need to use the bose freespace amps to power an existing bose freespace install or can I use any 70v amp with enough power to cover the existing zones?
I've done more installs of those without the specific amp than I have with it.
They seem to be designed like their home stereo speakers in that they work fine with any amp brand.
The subs have built in passive crossovers for the satellites.  Just give it a good 70v feed and don't skimp on the power. careful the deep lows as their matching autoformer seems undersized for the power they rate them at.
If the speakers have individual home runs they do a bit better at running in 8-ohm mode than they do at 70v
YMMV
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

(Brian) Frost

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 08:53:05 PM »

I've done more installs of those without the specific amp than I have with it.
They seem to be designed like their home stereo speakers in that they work fine with any amp brand.
The subs have built in passive crossovers for the satellites.  Just give it a good 70v feed and don't skimp on the power. careful the deep lows as their matching autoformer seems undersized for the power they rate them at.
If the speakers have individual home runs they do a bit better at running in 8-ohm mode than they do at 70v
YMMV

Thank you

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 08:53:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.