ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley Hyperion • 1st Danley speaker with FIR ???  (Read 6848 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Danley Hyperion • 1st Danley speaker with FIR ???
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2021, 02:13:51 PM »

Dude, you just broke my bullshit detector.
Like, seriously, the needle flew off and is now somewhere in my neighbour's garden!
That device is one of my favorites, but if you want some more, grab a beer and go to the home page and read up on the other "tools" he sells to make your listening experience better.

He used to have one (I don't know if it is still there or not) to where you pay him money and give him your phone number.

It can be your mobile or a home phone as long as it is in the listening room.

He will then send a "special signal" to your phone (NO, I DO NOT MAKE THIS UP!!!) and it will "treat" your phone, so that as long as the phone is near you, your listening experience will be better.

It is best to do on your mobile phone, so that everywhere you go, you can enjoy better audio.

I guess if everybody did this at a concert, it would sound INCREDIBLE!

Or you can just go and tape some pebbles to your cables----------------  Yes he sells those as well.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2021, 03:45:28 PM »

My hero, that comment made my day.

Can’t wait to have you light up our shows again dude!
Coming soon to a Hop near you!
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Yoel Klein

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2021, 11:31:26 PM »

That device is one of my favorites, but if you want some more, grab a beer and go to the home page and read up on the other "tools" he sells to make your listening experience better.

He used to have one (I don't know if it is still there or not) to where you pay him money and give him your phone number.

It can be your mobile or a home phone as long as it is in the listening room.

He will then send a "special signal" to your phone (NO, I DO NOT MAKE THIS UP!!!) and it will "treat" your phone, so that as long as the phone is near you, your listening experience will be better.

It is best to do on your mobile phone, so that everywhere you go, you can enjoy better audio.

I guess if everybody did this at a concert, it would sound INCREDIBLE!

Or you can just go and tape some pebbles to your cables----------------  Yes he sells those as well.

HELP!!!!! I can’t stop laughing 😆 ....

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2021, 05:23:17 PM »

There is no "fluff" (except for maybe the feet it sits on) in the new products.  Everything is true to the original Danley concepts/ideas.  Single source, high sensitivity, flat response etc.

I'd re-investigate those feet.  IME, any compliance between the cabinet and the floor allows cabinet movement, which adds distortion.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2021, 07:16:44 PM »

I'd re-investigate those feet.  IME, any compliance between the cabinet and the floor allows cabinet movement, which adds distortion.
Not to get all audiophooly but it seems cabinet movement as long as it is linear/symmetrical does not cause distortion. It is a potential error, but so is playing loudspeakers in the real world.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2021, 07:17:54 PM »

I'm thinking the feet are needed because the reflex port is in the bottom of the box facing down towards floor, and needs some space.
If that is correct, then my guess is that Ivan was saying the feet could be of  a simpler, less fluffy design.

Ivan ?  :)

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2021, 03:18:22 PM »

Yeah Tim, time to rip out all that "distortion producing" carpeting put down in so many rooms, and screw all cabinets directly to the floor.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2021, 05:31:20 PM »

Yeah Tim, time to rip out all that "distortion producing" carpeting put down in so many rooms, and screw all cabinets directly to the floor.
Make sure you use the time-aligned screws.  If they are off by more than a few thousandths in length, the resonant frequency will wreak havoc. ::)
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Yoel Klein

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2021, 09:55:14 PM »

Make sure you use the time-aligned screws.  If they are off by more than a few thousandths in length, the resonant frequency will wreak havoc. ::)

Looks like the marketing team at Danley predictions are spot on...
We are down to the screws... :D

ProSoundWeb Community

Β« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2021, 09:55:14 PM Β»

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.