ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley Hyperion • 1st Danley speaker with FIR ???  (Read 6850 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Danley Hyperion • 1st Danley speaker with FIR ???
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2021, 10:23:34 AM »

I escaped from the consumer audio side of the business back in the 80s because I perceived a rather nonlinear relationship between product performance and market success.  Marketing and advertising will be more important the further you range from professional sound customers.

JR
Now why would you say such a thing?  Maybe because that part of the industry has a LONG history of "beliefs"?  HAHA

Here is one of my favorites.  There is no use for it in live performances-because they are happening in the current time, but for recorded material, it is "essential" ------------------- or not?   

A quick description of why it is "needed":

Let's say a recording was made of a live performance of Götterdämmerung with the Berliner Philharmoniker on July 21, 1930 between 12 Noon and 5 PM. During the performance the actual time coordinates of what was then Present Time - a unique time coordinate for each instant of the performance - are somehow captured on the recording along with the acoustic information of the musical instruments and singers. When the recording of Götterdämmerung is played at some point in the future - say, one day in 2010 - the stream of time coordinates from July 21, 1930 is projected into the listening room by the speakers along along with the acoustic information. The two out-of-synch streams of time coordinates - the Past Time coordinates from July 21, 1930 and the Present Time coordinates - confuse the listener and reduce his sensory acuity. So, even though the glorious sound of the Berliner Philharmoniker is reproduced in the room the listener cannot hear it in all its glory

This device "fixes" those issues.

You can read more here-if you want to hurt your brain

https://www.machinadynamica.com/machina42.htm
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2021, 11:35:43 AM »

Now why would you say such a thing?  Maybe because that part of the industry has a LONG history of "beliefs"?  HAHA

Here is one of my favorites.  There is no use for it in live performances-because they are happening in the current time, but for recorded material, it is "essential" ------------------- or not?   

Let's say a recording was made of a live performance of Götterdämmerung with the Berliner Philharmoniker on July 21, 1930 between 12 Noon and 5 PM. During the performance the actual time coordinates of what was then Present Time - a unique time coordinate for each instant of the performance - are somehow captured on the recording along with the acoustic information of the musical instruments and singers. When the recording of Götterdämmerung is played at some point in the future - say, one day in 2010 - the stream of time coordinates from July 21, 1930 is projected into the listening room by the speakers along along with the acoustic information. The two out-of-synch streams of time coordinates - the Past Time coordinates from July 21, 1930 and the Present Time coordinates - confuse the listener and reduce his sensory acuity. So, even though the glorious sound of the Berliner Philharmoniker is reproduced in the room the listener cannot hear it in all its glory

You forgot the smiley face emoticon.... ::)

The thing I preferred about live sound reinforcement is that it is difficult to BS an auditorium full of people about what they are hearing.  8)

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

John L Nobile

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2021, 11:45:42 AM »

Are these new products available at "hi-fi audio" stores or can you only buy them through a Danley dealer? It would be good to be able to go into a store to listen to them before a purchase. Also will pricing be available? I'd like to know if these speakers are in my ballpark.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2021, 01:09:57 PM »

DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2021, 02:59:57 PM »

Are these new products available at "hi-fi audio" stores or can you only buy them through a Danley dealer? It would be good to be able to go into a store to listen to them before a purchase. Also will pricing be available? I'd like to know if these speakers are in my ballpark.
They still have "hi-fi" stores?   I haven't seen one in years.

I have no idea about the marketing idea(s).  I would start with a call to a local rep.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2021, 03:04:23 PM »

{...} https://www.machinadynamica.com/machina42.htm

My favourite bit of information on this, er, thing, is the instructions for doing an A/B test with it:

"For A/B comparisons, i.e., to evaluate the sound without the Clock, place the Clock outside the house structure, for example on the front steps. Listen to some favorite recordings while the clock is outside the house, then return the clock to the listening room and listen again."

Right, because an A/B comparison with several minutes between A and B is totally valid.

-Russ

John L Nobile

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2021, 03:52:04 PM »

They still have "hi-fi" stores?   I haven't seen one in years.

I have no idea about the marketing idea(s).  I would start with a call to a local rep.

We have places like that in Canada. Just to name a few:

https://www.baybloorradio.com/
https://americansound.com/
https://executivestereo.com/

Sales could contact them about carrying your new products.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2021, 07:33:12 PM »

from Machina Dynamica website...
SUPER STIFF BABY PROMETHEAN MINI ISOLATORS

I just gotta get me some of those ;D
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Ken Braziel

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2021, 07:45:21 PM »

DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!

My hero, that comment made my day.

Can’t wait to have you light up our shows again dude!

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2021, 09:29:41 AM »

<snip>

Dude, you just broke my bullshit detector.
Like, seriously, the needle flew off and is now somewhere in my neighbour's garden!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2021, 09:29:41 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.