ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley Hyperion • 1st Danley speaker with FIR ???  (Read 7110 times)

Robert Lunceford

Danley Hyperion • 1st Danley speaker with FIR ???
« on: March 14, 2021, 02:10:20 PM »

New Danley speaker that is designed for home listening use. It incorporates FIR processing.

https://tomdanley.com/hyperion/

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Danley Hyperion • 1st Danley speaker with FIR ???
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 05:13:28 PM »

New Danley speaker that is designed for home listening use. It incorporates FIR processing.

Actually the Studio 2 uses FIR filters as well
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Yoel Klein

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 01:20:10 AM »

To me this entire new website smells odd and a major departure from the Danley culture.
Since when is a Danley product hyped with “watts” and “crossover points”? I remember Iven writing about the Danley crossovers are not the mainstream design and to specify a crossover frequency is wrong info.  This entire new word press website Looks cheap and so not Danley.

When I first saw the video of Tom talking about the new signature products, It was clearly visible that Tom is not talking the way he used to talk, It looks like he was “acting” and very uncomfortable and unnatural while filming. And BTW, what happened to Doug Jones? No more videos from him? Is he still with the company? I don’t see his name on the website. And the Tech corner seems unpublished too... https://www.danleysoundlabs.com/tech-corner/

Bottom line, I have questions that bothers me and would love to make sense of all this...
Is it only me who has those questions?!

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 02:40:18 AM »

To me this entire new website smells odd and a major departure from the Danley culture.
Since when is a Danley product hyped with “watts” and “crossover points”? I remember Iven writing about the Danley crossovers are not the mainstream design and to specify a crossover frequency is wrong info.  This entire new word press website Looks cheap and so not Danley.

When I first saw the video of Tom talking about the new signature products, It was clearly visible that Tom is not talking the way he used to talk, It looks like he was “acting” and very uncomfortable and unnatural while filming. And BTW, what happened to Doug Jones? No more videos from him? Is he still with the company? I don’t see his name on the website. And the Tech corner seems unpublished too... https://www.danleysoundlabs.com/tech-corner/

Bottom line, I have questions that bothers me and would love to make sense of all this...
Is it only me who has those questions?!

I've never even seen a Danley speaker, let alone know anything about the company, but I wouldn't be too worried about DSL if I were you. In the "home audio connoisseur" market specifications (and the significance of their absence) are even less well understood than in live audio, and individuals buying their own use tend to be even more fickle (and overconfident in their knowledge) than the kinds of people who are DSL customers. I would guess that they figure not posting those sorts of specs (even if of dubious value) will significantly hamper sales to a much greater degree than it might in live audio.

Basically its horses for courses, but this time from the marketing department.

-Russ

Yoel Klein

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 08:53:18 AM »

I've never even seen a Danley speaker, let alone know anything about the company, but I wouldn't be too worried about DSL if I were you. In the "home audio connoisseur" market specifications (and the significance of their absence) are even less well understood than in live audio, and individuals buying their own use tend to be even more fickle (and overconfident in their knowledge) than the kinds of people who are DSL customers. I would guess that they figure not posting those sorts of specs (even if of dubious value) will significantly hamper sales to a much greater degree than it might in live audio.

Basically its horses for courses, but this time from the marketing department.

-Russ

Good morning Ross,
Well, I thought about it allot, could be I’m wrong, and I would love to hear other’s opinions on this.
IMHO, someone who is looking for a Danley product, “Wants” a danley product and would look for the Danley theme of product information. Me - for example, Got novice customers who were looking for a great home speaker the Danley Go 2 8 cx.  Without a sub.  I have seen others usually the SM80f, sm100f, sm60f.  Thatvis all because the customers were coached and now they love it.

On the other hand though, Marketing a Danley like any other home theater product, would get potential customers to look elsewhere and much cheaper options, vs the Danley fans who would rather get a SM or SH product instead of this new marketing name product because They lost the trust in this new product because marketing would dictate how the product development should go, and if it looks better for the marketing team, its marketing first and quality second. In other words; People can get the feel that Tom and his team have their hands tied to the marketing rules hence it’s not really Danley product and would not sound as good  anymore

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 10:34:34 AM »

Good morning Ross,
Well, I thought about it allot, could be I’m wrong, and I would love to hear other’s opinions on this.
I got opinions

IMHO, someone who is looking for a Danley product, “Wants” a danley product and would look for the Danley theme of product information.
Classic chicken and egg.... The problem is all the people who don't already know who/what Danley is. To expand into new markets requires marketing/merchandising in terms that market will relate to. I have long shared that consumers get the marketing they respond to, and reward with sales. Taking the high road can be lonely and unprofitable.

I've listened to bad advice from consumers about how to market products for decades, not that I am any better.

Me - for example, Got novice customers who were looking for a great home speaker the Danley Go 2 8 cx.  Without a sub.  I have seen others usually the SM80f, sm100f, sm60f.  Thatvis all because the customers were coached and now they love it.

On the other hand though, Marketing a Danley like any other home theater product, would get potential customers to look elsewhere and much cheaper options, vs the Danley fans who would rather get a SM or SH product instead of this new marketing name product because They lost the trust in this new product because marketing would dictate how the product development should go, and if it looks better for the marketing team, its marketing first and quality second. In other words; People can get the feel that Tom and his team have their hands tied to the marketing rules hence it’s not really Danley product and would not sound as good  anymore
I don't know more than I've seen shared here, but it sounds like bidness.... I wish them good luck.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 12:30:09 PM »

There has been some discussion in the DSLUG forum about these, but not as to whether they are authentic or not.
Also note, they are marketed as 'Tom Danley' products, not Danley Sound Labs.
I suspect this is a way to differentiate into a different market.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 01:28:33 PM »

There has been some discussion in the DSLUG forum about these, but not as to whether they are authentic or not.
Also note, they are marketed as 'Tom Danley' products, not Danley Sound Labs.
I suspect this is a way to differentiate into a different market.

Note the web site is tomdanley.com, not danleysoundlabs.com.  Splitting the consumer market to a "signature" series, perhaps.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

MikeHarris

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 01:45:54 PM »

hi end is all about drama and mystique. Why give them specs they dont understand and they can use against you

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 03:33:11 PM »

People can get the feel that Tom and his team have their hands tied to the marketing rules hence it’s not really Danley product and would not sound as good  anymore
Trust me, it is 100% a Danley product.  Designed by the same people, built in the same factory, using many of the existing/same drivers. 
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 03:33:11 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.