ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Yamaha DXR mkII series  (Read 13472 times)

Richard Penrose

Re: New Yamaha DXR mkII series
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2021, 04:47:36 AM »

I haven’t got round to hearing the DXRmk2’s and am wondering if anyone on here has heard/compared them to the mk1 version? From my understanding these have been retuned along with the new slightly larger compression driver.
I’m currently torn with what to do with me my DXR15/KW181 system at the moment as I was initially planning to downsize to a smaller and lighter setup. However, I have needed my full setup for a few drive in events over the past 8 months and may continue to need it.
I have considered upgrading my DXR15mk1 tops as I’ve had them for almost 10 years now and feel they are due an update. I don’t want anything heavier and having had a good look around I can’t find many options that would b both affordable and light enough. The only other tempting option is the RCF HDM45a but this costs more than double the price of the DXR’s.
Ideally I’d love a smaller and lighter system that could at least match the output and quality of my current system but still remain affordable. The only potential option I’ve found is a secondhand Nexo PS system (though I’d much rather have a powered system as all my speakers get used for multiple purposes).
I often see great deals on Nexo PS8/PS10’s and L400/L500/L600 subs.

I’ve also considered a little FBT VN2000 system with the view to adding extra Ventis 206a and Sublime 12” tops at a later date but not convinced this would really give the power I want. Some of the cheaper 12” subs that I’ve heard suffer from port turbulence which is something I definitely want to avoid. I’ve heard high end KV2 12” subs that don’t have this but they cost significantly more!

What would you recommend?

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: New Yamaha DXR mkII series
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2021, 04:47:36 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.