ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure ULXS Receivers Rack Mount G3 & J1 Band  (Read 800 times)

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
Shure ULXS Receivers Rack Mount G3 & J1 Band
« on: March 13, 2021, 11:44:20 PM »

I picked up a couple of Shure ULXS receivers used for good deals.  Bought new handheld mics for them and all works as it should.  I want to rack mount them for use in a DJ system, one mic for the DJ for out front MC type work and one for the client & guests to use for announcements.

One is on the G3 band and the other is J1 band.  Both have 1/2 wave dipole antenna's on them.  I'm going to rack them up with the Shure UA-507 rack mount kit into an SKB blow molded plastic case.  I would like to use pass-through BNC panel mount adapters so I can front mount the antenna's.  Thinking putting a pair of the antenna's in a blank panel below the receivers and the other pair of antenna's in a second blank panel mounted above the receivers.  Both sets of antenna's in the "rabbit ear" 90 degree V configuration.

What I'm wondering about is potential proximity issues from the antenna's being too close to one another.

Anybody using a similar configuration?

Scott Helmke

Re: Shure ULXS Receivers Rack Mount G3 & J1 Band
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 08:44:03 AM »

Probably not a huge concern.  You could mount one of the antenna panels on the back of the rack and have one antenna for each receiver on there, which might improve your diversity situation a little.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 09:20:47 AM »

Great suggestion Scott.  Such a simple thing, but I wasn't seeing it.  That configuration should optimize the setup.

Thanks much.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 09:20:47 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.