ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ATEM MiniPro help  (Read 3728 times)

Eileen Krause

ATEM MiniPro help
« on: March 10, 2021, 04:38:47 PM »

Hi Friends,
As always I appreciate the real world help from folks here.  Any ATEM MiniPro users out there?  Our church is probably going to be using one soon for Live Streaming the services.   I haven't used one- I see the online videos etc..  My quick question is this-  can I use an Iphone as one of the cameras feeding the MiniPro?   Can I use an HDMI adaptor to connect from the iPhone to the ATEM hdmi camera input?  Would I need to do any thing else to make the iPhone work as a camera with the MiniPro?   

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: ATEM MiniPro help
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 07:32:48 PM »

Hi Friends,
As always I appreciate the real world help from folks here.  Any ATEM MiniPro users out there?  Our church is probably going to be using one soon for Live Streaming the services.   I haven't used one- I see the online videos etc..  My quick question is this-  can I use an Iphone as one of the cameras feeding the MiniPro?   Can I use an HDMI adaptor to connect from the iPhone to the ATEM hdmi camera input?  Would I need to do any thing else to make the iPhone work as a camera with the MiniPro?   

You could but there are much better options.  I am also a BLM dealer. I have several in stock and will make you a great deal.  We can talk about your application and how to integrate.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Eileen Krause

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 08:22:22 PM »

Thank you Scott !  Good to know you are dealer I’ll keep in mind as we close in on camera selection/purchase. 
Reason I’m asking about using IPhone as camera- I have short term access to an ATEM mini pro and want to just demo the switching between sources function..  I don’t have video camera with hdmi..  we’re not testing video quality etc..
So are you saying that I CAN hook up 2 iPhones using hdmi adaptors-to the ATEM inputs 1 and 2 and then do a live video stream to private FB.
Pastors can then see how a volunteer would be able to switch from cameras to some images, fade to black etc. 

Appreciate your response and offer to help.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 06:03:23 AM »

Thank you Scott !  Good to know you are dealer I’ll keep in mind as we close in on camera selection/purchase. 
Reason I’m asking about using IPhone as camera- I have short term access to an ATEM mini pro and want to just demo the switching between sources function..  I don’t have video camera with hdmi..  we’re not testing video quality etc..
So are you saying that I CAN hook up 2 iPhones using hdmi adaptors-to the ATEM inputs 1 and 2 and then do a live video stream to private FB.
Pastors can then see how a volunteer would be able to switch from cameras to some images, fade to black etc. 

Appreciate your response and offer to help.

Yes I am, you can use your phones with that.  Was trying to help you through economical camera connection.  If the phone can send the camera out the hdmi it will work fine. 

Yes they can do far more than fade to black, it has a whole library of actractive transitions.  You can also make stinger graphics, playback files, picture in picture and green screed.

Let me how I can help.

Scott
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Nils Erickson

• San Francisco
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 03:33:48 AM »

Eileen,

I have used my iPhone like this through my ATEM mini pro and it works fine.  You may want to find an app that can do a "clean feed" so that you don't have all the camera info coming through as well.  Of course, you can demo all of the stuff you mentioned without doing that.

Cheers,
Nils

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 05:03:20 AM »

I have tested using my ipad and iphone and apple’s lightning to hdmi adapter.

Works like a charm and you also ge hdmi audio, should you want that.

Don’t forget to turn off the screensaver and use an app like Filmic Pro to get a clean video feed from the iDevice or otherwise you’ll end up with the screen controls showing on your output.

If you are feeding the atem analog input bare in mind that max input is +6dBu (even if I feel that +12dBu seems to be closer to the truth).

Eileen Krause

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 08:13:12 PM »

I have tested using my ipad and iphone and apple’s lightning to hdmi adapter.

Works like a charm and you also ge hdmi audio, should you want that.

Don’t forget to turn off the screensaver and use an app like Filmic Pro to get a clean video feed from the iDevice or otherwise you’ll end up with the screen controls showing on your output.

If you are feeding the atem analog input bare in mind that max input is +6dBu (even if I feel that +12dBu seems to be closer to the truth).

Hey Robert and Nils,
Thank you BOTH for taking time to reply.  Yes, I found out  I needed Filmic app- that was the missing link for me at first... hdmi adaptors work fine..  and thank you for reminder on analog input level.
Always appreciate the support and sharing on this site! 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 08:13:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.