ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Facebook Live Streaming Issue  (Read 3422 times)

doug johnson2

Facebook Live Streaming Issue
« on: January 28, 2021, 06:39:15 PM »

I am working with a church that is currently streaming direct to Facebook live using a PZT-Optics camera into a Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle, usb-3.0 into a desktop computer running Windows 10 and out to Facebook.  It works fine.  They also have a Vaddio Camera system which consists of two analog cameras and a Productionview HD- MV switcher.  The PZT-Optics camera is also interfaced into the switcher using a HDMI to VGA converter.  They have been using this system with monitors mounted in the sanctuary.  It also works fine.  The issue they are having is the wish to stream using all three cameras and the Productionview switcher.  When we hook the output of the switcher into the Intensity Shuttle using the DVI-D output on switcher into the HDMI input on the Shuttle, the image shows up in Blackmagic Design Software.  We can not however get it to stream to Facebook Live, all we get is a black screen.  Any ideas?  The Intensity Shuttle will probably be replaced with an up to date capture device the supports OSB but, I am not sure that will solve the issue.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Facebook Live Streaming Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 07:29:23 PM »

I am working with a church that is currently streaming direct to Facebook live using a PZT-Optics camera into a Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle, usb-3.0 into a desktop computer running Windows 10 and out to Facebook.  It works fine.  They also have a Vaddio Camera system which consists of two analog cameras and a Productionview HD- MV switcher.  The PZT-Optics camera is also interfaced into the switcher using a HDMI to VGA converter.  They have been using this system with monitors mounted in the sanctuary.  It also works fine.  The issue they are having is the wish to stream using all three cameras and the Productionview switcher.  When we hook the output of the switcher into the Intensity Shuttle using the DVI-D output on switcher into the HDMI input on the Shuttle, the image shows up in Blackmagic Design Software.  We can not however get it to stream to Facebook Live, all we get is a black screen.  Any ideas?  The Intensity Shuttle will probably be replaced with an up to date capture device the supports OSB but, I am not sure that will solve the issue.

You need to run OBS in the middle, it connects to the API at Facebook, much more tuneable and higher quality.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

doug johnson2

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 08:25:24 PM »

You need to run OBS in the middle, it connects to the API at Facebook, much more tuneable and higher quality.
That is the next move.  Unfortunately, the Intensity Shuttle doesn't support OBS and I am working on replacing that.  Hopefully that will solve the issue.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 08:25:24 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.