ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Digico console  (Read 5242 times)

Dave Stevens

Re: New Digico console
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 04:59:03 PM »

The reason the feature and I/O counts seem to randomly change between versions is how they architect the hardware to have the features be software based.  Other manufacturer designs are more married to the hardware design making it more difficult to scale feature and I/O by software only.  Processing power was again opened up when they moved from onboard Waves processing to using a Soundgrid though that happened a while back.

I doubt we'll see a much smaller Quantum.  Maybe.  I'm not sure the sales numbers for the smallest SD consoles (the SD11) are all that good.  I've been a Digico fan since the D5 ( I was using an SD10 before the shutdown) but if I were getting a micro format desk like an SD11 for broadcast I'd go with a Calrec Brio 12.  For a small corporate gig desk in the SD11 frame size the QL would be my choice.  For small club/install an M32 is likely a better choice. 

The traction for many regional PA companies and most small/medium installs is in the $25-50k price point with the I/O included at least at the console if not enough remote to get a decent amount of inputs.  Like some of the Yamaha and Behringer/Midas offerings.  Whatever the S offerings become will likely be how Digico approaches the low end.  Some of the press isn't clear if there is a snake head included in the US$30k price and implies it is.  If so that would be a screaming deal.  Most press I've seen is about the surface only with the boxes being in addition.  Still, $30k for that surface is a deal.

If one was already a Digico shop or had Digico infrastructure in the room it would be a good choice.  I don't know that I would do it by building a Digico infrastructure around a 225 if I didn't have product already.  Looks like a great addition though in terms of price and features.  Hopefully the new DQ boxes can help bring the pricing more in line with the surface price.  If I could get all 72 inputs and at least 24 outs in DQ level Dante boxes for US$50k or so I'd go for it.

Kent Clasen

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2021, 04:55:21 PM »

The 30k price is retail for the Madi surface on my ‘preliminary’ dealer price list. The Dante racks/packages are def more affordable. The surface w 48x24 Dante rack/card/cable package is around $38k retail.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2021, 04:55:21 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.