Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

New and exciting Dante frustrations.

<< < (6/6)

Phillip Ivan Pietruschka:
Tim, if you do need to resume the conversation with your IT team, the following document will be essential:
https://www.audinate.com/learning/faqs/which-network-ports-does-dante-use

Also, I recommend downloading PTP trackhound which is like Wireshark optimised for PTP monitoring.

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Phillip Ivan Pietruschka on March 28, 2021, 02:14:38 AM ---Tim, if you do need to resume the conversation with your IT team, the following document will be essential:
https://www.audinate.com/learning/faqs/which-network-ports-does-dante-use

Also, I recommend downloading PTP trackhound which is like Wireshark optimised for PTP monitoring.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for this. I am not an IT professional™ so things like this helps tremendously.

Tim Weaver:
I thought I'd come back with an update on this.

I'm not sure why or how but someday recently I fired up Dante Controller and noticed a pending update. It was for my MY16 card. Updated it and no morre problems! lol

I guess it was just the right recipe of firmware mismatches to cause the clock sync to randomly jump around. I don't know, but it's working again. I finally have plug ins on my desk again which is awesome.

Jim McKeveny:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on June 07, 2021, 08:36:03 PM ---I thought I'd come back with an update on this.

I'm not sure why or how but someday recently I fired up Dante Controller and noticed a pending update. It was for my MY16 card. Updated it and no morre problems! lol

I guess it was just the right recipe of firmware mismatches to cause the clock sync to randomly jump around. I don't know, but it's working again. I finally have plug ins on my desk again which is awesome.

--- End quote ---

Another day in digital-perfect world! ("digital perfect" was an early selling point for the Compact Disc, which proved neither perfect nor permanent).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version