ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a PSW Member  (Read 3094 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Looking for a PSW Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 02:37:08 AM »

Thanks everyone,

There are plenty of good amp guys in my area but this is a particularly rare amp and I want to talk to some one about that may actually know about this particular Fender amp.  That's why I was hoping to talk with Bob.

Yeah I mean he may be dead, but hell I need to talk to him about my amp.

Bob was having some health issues, he was a popular guy around here, sadly I think he might not be around.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 12:33:01 PM »

Yeah I mean he may be dead, but hell I need to talk to him about my amp.

Bob was having some health issues, he was a popular guy around here, sadly I think he might not be around.

I just spent a couple hours pouring through his post history to delve clues as to which "Bob Leonard in Massachusetts" he might be. I think I have nailed down his home address/phone number (not going to post that publicly, of course but anyone can easily follow the same process I did!) - but more to this point, i do not see any online references to an obituary for a Bob Leonard in/from his town and matching his age. So, I think he's still with us. From a post back in March 2018... it appears that he was indeed contemplating getting out of the sound biz sometime in 2019, so it's possible he did such and is now avoiding PSW so he doesn't get "the itch" again.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 05:44:56 PM »

I just spent a couple hours pouring through his post history to delve clues as to which "Bob Leonard in Massachusetts" he might be. I think I have nailed down his home address/phone number (not going to post that publicly, of course but anyone can easily follow the same process I did!) - but more to this point, i do not see any online references to an obituary for a Bob Leonard in/from his town and matching his age. So, I think he's still with us. From a post back in March 2018... it appears that he was indeed contemplating getting out of the sound biz sometime in 2019, so it's possible he did such and is now avoiding PSW so he doesn't get "the itch" again.

-Ray
Maybe just tired of stupid questions ::)
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 07:02:48 PM »

Maybe just tired of stupid questions ::)

We need another invitation-only forum, an Honorary PSW Survivors group, for all the key individuals that are still alive and well but no longer part of the regular forums.  Bob, Andy Peters, Dave Stevens, others.  Even if all of us 'youngins' can't be part of it - it would allow for lots of great non-audio banter and reminiscing. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 10:23:25 PM »

We need another invitation-only forum, an Honorary PSW Survivors group, for all the key individuals that are still alive and well but no longer part of the regular forums.  Bob, Andy Peters, Dave Stevens, others.  Even if all of us 'youngins' can't be part of it - it would allow for lots of great non-audio banter and reminiscing.

Maybe it does exist, and we just don't know :)
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2021, 01:21:07 AM »

Maybe it does exist, and we just don't know :)

Andy and many others are active on Facebook.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2021, 03:42:07 AM »

-Ray

Having many discussions with Bob as he was also a computer networking and security expert in his other world I find it hard to believe he would leave without saying a world.  While he enjoyed his biting sarcasm he was very "human".  He did however take much pride in his 0 footprint on the Internet and we had a bet I could never find a picture of him  I never did.  Maybe I should not have gone to worst cast scenarios. 

If he is in private mode I can't imagine some person he didn't know tracking him down to ask him a question that many other people on here are capable of answering would exactly thrill him.

Why don't you ask your question like a normal person? There are plenty of smart people here.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2021, 07:55:00 PM »

Having many discussions with Bob as he was also a computer networking and security expert in his other world I find it hard to believe he would leave without saying a world.  While he enjoyed his biting sarcasm he was very "human".  He did however take much pride in his 0 footprint on the Internet and we had a bet I could never find a picture of him  I never did.  Maybe I should not have gone to worst cast scenarios. 

If he is in private mode I can't imagine some person he didn't know tracking him down to ask him a question that many other people on here are capable of answering would exactly thrill him.

Why don't you ask your question like a normal person? There are plenty of smart people here.

Finding Nemo was easier than finding Bob.  The things I determined fairly quickly - Bob retired from his IT job and there was no obituary in the metro Boston newspapers.

The rest took a hive mind.

Occasional LABster Ron Hebbard went MIA from the controlbooth.com forums where he's a regular.  I reported him missing after determining that any death or news worthy life event was unreported, and presumed he was simply off the air.  The Control Booth staff eventually got word that Ron would be back online soon, and he was.

Ryan, check your PMs.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 02:40:42 AM »

Finding Nemo was easier than finding Bob.  The things I determined fairly quickly - Bob retired from his IT job and there was no obituary in the metro Boston newspapers.

The rest took a hive mind.

Occasional LABster Ron Hebbard went MIA from the controlbooth.com forums where he's a regular.  I reported him missing after determining that any death or news worthy life event was unreported, and presumed he was simply off the air.  The Control Booth staff eventually got word that Ron would be back online soon, and he was.

Ryan, check your PMs.

Tim that was a little convoluted, great to hear Ron is ok, I knew Bob had retired, that was the last time I had communication with him.  So is Bob ok?  Sorry for the giant run on sentence.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2021, 05:52:00 PM »

Tim that was a little convoluted, great to hear Ron is ok, I knew Bob had retired, that was the last time I had communication with him.  So is Bob ok?  Sorry for the giant run on sentence.
Convoluted ain't nothing but a re-verb... /nudge, wink

Bob's doing super secret, double-knot spy guitar amp work from an undisclosed location in the Boston area.  {insert Glomar Explorer moment here}

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2021, 05:52:00 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.