ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Programming Chauvet 4Bar with Obey 40  (Read 1957 times)

Aaron Werner

Programming Chauvet 4Bar with Obey 40
« on: March 04, 2021, 02:58:27 PM »

Hello everyone
I’m a simple wedding DJ that is trying to expand my light show. I have the Chauvet for bar LED lights and have recently purchased the obey 40 to try and gain more control over my show other than having just sound dictate the pulse of the music.
I have watched tutorials on using the obey 4 to program senes on single lights, but I can’t figure out how to program scenes on the 4bar. Where single lights are controlled by all of the faders, the 4 bar seems to be controlled only by the first fader. When I find a scene that I like, I try and program it like the single can tutorials do, and usually the first scene takes with no problem. I can turn the sene off and on just like in the videos.
When I go to program a second scene, it will take, but then overwrites the first scene and I have two scenes with the exact same light colors.
I can’t find a coherent video on YouTube about this and Chauvet was supposed to send me a tutorial but never did.
Any advice that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: Programming Chauvet 4Bar with Obey 40
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 03:38:47 PM »

Hello everyone
I’m a simple wedding DJ that is trying to expand my light show. I have the Chauvet for bar LED lights and have recently purchased the obey 40 to try and gain more control over my show other than having just sound dictate the pulse of the music.
I have watched tutorials on using the obey 4 to program senes on single lights, but I can’t figure out how to program scenes on the 4bar. Where single lights are controlled by all of the faders, the 4 bar seems to be controlled only by the first fader. When I find a scene that I like, I try and program it like the single can tutorials do, and usually the first scene takes with no problem. I can turn the sene off and on just like in the videos.
When I go to program a second scene, it will take, but then overwrites the first scene and I have two scenes with the exact same light colors.
I can’t find a coherent video on YouTube about this and Chauvet was supposed to send me a tutorial but never did.
Any advice that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!

You need to use your actual name to get a response, per the forum rules.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Aaron Werner

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 07:52:33 AM »

You need to use your actual name to get a response, per the forum rules.
Sorry.

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 08:36:29 AM »

Do yourself a favor and move to software for controlling your lights.  There are a ton of choices and most all offer just about unlimited control.  MHO

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 10:02:02 AM »

Page 8 of the 4-bars user manual shows how to setup the unit for DMX control, this must be done or the unit will not respond correctly.
15ch and 3ch control details are shown on page 9.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 10:02:02 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.