ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More help with X32  (Read 2604 times)

Corey Black

More help with X32
« on: March 04, 2021, 12:14:24 PM »

This forum has been so helpful to me and once again, I'm needing some tips!

On the Behringer X32, I am using Busses 3 through 10 to send monitor feed to musicians/singers in-ear system. Everything is working fine (finally) but the drums are just not loud enough. I can raise the gain and make it better but then the main house signal is way too loud. I can turn down the house fader but it has to go really low. Is there a way to raise the gain and have it just affect the busses? It doesn't need to match the house feed exactly but I'd sure like to get it a bit closer.

John L Nobile

Re: More help with X32
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 12:21:26 PM »

On the Behringer X32, I am using Busses 3 through 10 to send monitor feed to musicians/singers in-ear system. Everything is working fine (finally) but the drums are just not loud enough. I can raise the gain and make it better but then the main house signal is way too loud. I can turn down the house fader but it has to go really low. Is there a way to raise the gain and have it just affect the busses? It doesn't need to match the house feed exactly but I'd sure like to get it a bit closer.

Are you sending pre or post fader?

Corey Black

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 12:45:11 PM »

In the "sends" tab on the X32 Edit software, it has "Post EQ" selected.

John L Nobile

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 12:52:19 PM »

In the "sends" tab on the X32 Edit software, it has "Post EQ" selected.

I was asking about the faders. Here's a video link to pre/post buss assignments. Not sure how good it is but there's a ton of those out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDRJy4ZSKKs

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 02:22:55 PM »

For anything monitors related, I always suggest going with pre-fader and pre-EQ. While post EQ seems cool and all, it just doesn't relate really well. You can always boost the bus master to get more drums? I'm not really understanding your issue though? It seems to me you want more drums in the monitor mix, but as you gain it up you end up with too much in the FOH mix? If that is the case your not pre-fader on the monitor sends.

There are two different pre/post settings for the mix busses. One of them pertains to the channels send to the mix bus, and the other pertains to the pick point for the master fader of the mix bus. When you select a channel and hit the bus sends button on the mixer, in the window you will see the busses you can send to. Under each bus you will see a small window that says pre or post. If it says post,  that is why you are having issues.

Report back on what teh bus sends window says when a channel is selected.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Corey Black

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 02:28:40 PM »

Thanks for the input. I'll be back at the church tomorrow and will look at the things you mentioned. It's hard to work on it without the board right in front of me! I'll update when I find something out.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 03:01:51 PM »

How many channels are you using on the mixer?

If you have extra channels available, simply route the drums into the free channels and crank the gains where you need them and then send those channels to the monitors, using the regular ones for mains.

Problem solved.
Brian Jojade

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 06:00:01 PM »

You say you are using "buses" to send to musicians, what exactly do you mean by that? There are several kinds of buses, aux sends, group sends, master sends, they are all "buses".

If you are not using aux sends, then that is your problem. With an aux send you have variable level from each input to the send, creating a completely different mix for each one. If the auxes are set to pre-fade the position of the channel fader will have no impact on that sends level.

Mac

Corey Black

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 01:23:41 PM »

Thanks everyone for your responses. I found the problem. It had to do with where the channels in question were tapped.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 01:23:41 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.