Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

More help with X32

(1/2) > >>

Corey Black:
This forum has been so helpful to me and once again, I'm needing some tips!

On the Behringer X32, I am using Busses 3 through 10 to send monitor feed to musicians/singers in-ear system. Everything is working fine (finally) but the drums are just not loud enough. I can raise the gain and make it better but then the main house signal is way too loud. I can turn down the house fader but it has to go really low. Is there a way to raise the gain and have it just affect the busses? It doesn't need to match the house feed exactly but I'd sure like to get it a bit closer.

John L Nobile:

--- Quote from: Corey Black on March 04, 2021, 12:14:24 PM ---This forum has been so helpful to me and once again, I'm needing some tips!

On the Behringer X32, I am using Busses 3 through 10 to send monitor feed to musicians/singers in-ear system. Everything is working fine (finally) but the drums are just not loud enough. I can raise the gain and make it better but then the main house signal is way too loud. I can turn down the house fader but it has to go really low. Is there a way to raise the gain and have it just affect the busses? It doesn't need to match the house feed exactly but I'd sure like to get it a bit closer.

--- End quote ---

Are you sending pre or post fader?

Corey Black:
In the "sends" tab on the X32 Edit software, it has "Post EQ" selected.

John L Nobile:

--- Quote from: Corey Black on March 04, 2021, 12:45:11 PM ---In the "sends" tab on the X32 Edit software, it has "Post EQ" selected.

--- End quote ---

I was asking about the faders. Here's a video link to pre/post buss assignments. Not sure how good it is but there's a ton of those out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDRJy4ZSKKs

Luke Geis:
For anything monitors related, I always suggest going with pre-fader and pre-EQ. While post EQ seems cool and all, it just doesn't relate really well. You can always boost the bus master to get more drums? I'm not really understanding your issue though? It seems to me you want more drums in the monitor mix, but as you gain it up you end up with too much in the FOH mix? If that is the case your not pre-fader on the monitor sends.

There are two different pre/post settings for the mix busses. One of them pertains to the channels send to the mix bus, and the other pertains to the pick point for the master fader of the mix bus. When you select a channel and hit the bus sends button on the mixer, in the window you will see the busses you can send to. Under each bus you will see a small window that says pre or post. If it says post,  that is why you are having issues.

Report back on what teh bus sends window says when a channel is selected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version