ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Powered subs under 100 pounds?  (Read 2779 times)

Eli Adler

Powered subs under 100 pounds?
« on: March 01, 2021, 01:52:44 PM »

Hi,

I'm looking to replace my 2 Mackie SRM1850's with something louder. I would love to get the RCF 8004's but I usually work on my own so I would prefer to avoid something that heavy.

I was thinking perhaps the 8003's or the SRX818.

My set up generally generally consists of HD 32a's as my tops (Either two or 4 depneding on the gig)

Any insight would be apreciated.

Thanks

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
Re: Powered subs under 100 pounds?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 08:29:48 AM »

If you like the RCF support and products, stick with RCF as a system - the SUB 8003-AS II is going to be the closest you get to meeting your criteria.  Any significant improvements over that would be a substantial increase in weight and cost.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 02:48:46 PM »

I like the SRX, but if you're on the RCF boat already, may as well stay aboard. RCF makes great stuff, albeit a little more expensive. Damn Italians :)
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Matthias McCready

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 07:43:07 PM »

Hi,

I'm looking to replace my 2 Mackie SRM1850's with something louder. I would love to get the RCF 8004's but I usually work on my own so I would prefer to avoid something that heavy.

I was thinking perhaps the 8003's or the SRX818.

My set up generally generally consists of HD 32a's as my tops (Either two or 4 depneding on the gig)

Any insight would be apreciated.

Thanks

I know you are looking for lighter, however sometimes larger subs (2x18) can be maneuvered and leveraged (ie use the bumper of an SUV as a pivot point that takes the weight of the lift).

Single 18's take less space and will hit your weight goal, however sometimes a large box can be easier on the back with one person.  ;)
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 08:01:10 PM »

I know you are looking for lighter, however sometimes larger subs (2x18) can be maneuvered and leveraged (ie use the bumper of an SUV as a pivot point that takes the weight of the lift).

Single 18's take less space and will hit your weight goal, however sometimes a large box can be easier on the back with one person.  ;)

I agree with you right up until the point where the venue doesn't have roll in access and you've got to move that box up a flight of stairs....
Brian Jojade

Eli Adler

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 06:18:45 PM »

Thank you. Very good point re pivoting the larger subs. Now I need to think about 2x18's...  :)

Eli Adler

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 06:21:05 PM »

I agree with you right up until the point where the venue doesn't have roll in access and you've got to move that box up a flight of stairs....

Yes! I need to add that into my contract - Any venue where I can't roll in to the room from the load in area gets an adittional load in fee (or no subs)

Eli Adler

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 06:22:20 PM »

Thank you Luke and Brian as well for your input.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 06:22:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.