ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL1 to iMac for ProTools ?  (Read 2390 times)

JoelBouchillon

Yamaha CL1 to iMac for ProTools ?
« on: February 04, 2021, 11:35:18 AM »

I would like to connect a Yamaha CL1 to an iMac to record 32 tracks into Protools

The CL1 is came stock with no expansion cards.

My question:  What are all the parts-&-pieces (hardware and Software) will I need to make the proper connection between the CL1 and the iMac?  Note: I do already have Protools 2019 installed on the iMac.

Thanks for your support.

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
Re: Yamaha CL1 to iMac for ProTools ?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 01:27:52 PM »

There are many here that can help you with your question but you first must use your real name to get replies or the moderator will lock your post
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Benjamin Krumholz

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 09:57:43 AM »

I would like to connect a Yamaha CL1 to an iMac to record 32 tracks into Protools

My question:  What are all the parts-&-pieces (hardware and Software) will I need to make the proper connection between the CL1 and the iMac?  Note: I do already have Protools 2019 installed on the iMac.

The only thing that you need is an ethernet cable and a copy of DVS installed on the Imac. A copy of DVS comes with the CL1.. But can also be purchased from Audinate.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 11:54:14 AM »

The only thing that you need is an ethernet cable and a copy of DVS installed on the Imac. A copy of DVS comes with the CL1.. But can also be purchased from Audinate.

This right here. Technically you don't even need the CL1. Once you have DVS installed on the computer you can patch it as a device from the stage box straight into the computer. This is a digital "split" so that the CL1 can do it's job unencumbered by any recording duties.

I do something similar at my job, where I record the 40-ish channels that come from the stage (2 Rio boxes and 2 Shure ULXD-Q's) straight into an iMac. I also have a desk that receives 2 inputs from a couple of crowd mics and I can route those through the desk into the iMac, as well as the output of the desk itself gets routed to the iMac as a safety record.

So I am routing inputs from 5 different devices straight into an iMac all digitally using DVS from Audinate.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 11:54:14 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.