ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APEX 660 Lavalier Review  (Read 240 times)

Tracy Garner

APEX 660 Lavalier Review
« on: February 26, 2021, 03:03:53 pm »

Does anyone have any experience/opinion on the APEX 660 lav? I'm looking for something to give to a group of teens for a podcast series. I did receive some feedback that one of the large churches in the ATL area is using them for TV broadcast so I was wondering if maybe this is an option worth testing.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: APEX 660 Lavalier Review
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 04:24:47 pm »

Does anyone have any experience/opinion on the APEX 660 lav? I'm looking for something to give to a group of teens for a podcast series. I did receive some feedback that one of the large churches in the ATL area is using them for TV broadcast so I was wondering if maybe this is an option worth testing.

I haven't used the 660, but I've spent a lot of time with Apex 575 omni headsets, and I'm sure the 660s are fine. They won't sound like a MKE2 or a 4061, but they'll more than likely get the job done for something like a podcast.

Especially over the last few years I've been under the distinct impression that, below a certain price-point (and assuming you don't need special features like ultra-low-noise or serious SPL handling) there are a lot of reasonable options on the market for omni lavs that will all do the job just fine. Despite their size, omni lavs are, in principle, one of the simplest microphones to design "good enough" and have it be pretty okay.

Of course, I come from a theatre background, so as far as I'm concerned lavs are consumables (although I make a little sad face every time I put a 4061 in the NFG pile). I don't tend to give too much thought to a lav's long-term durability (especially for less than $100), except that I will always add strain-relief to a moulded-on locking 1/8" connector (because otherwise those things are ticking time bombs, regardless of manufacturer).

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: APEX 660 Lavalier Review
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 04:24:47 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.