Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Audio Measurement and Testing

Frd, zma and ascii

(1/1)

dian r subekti:
Hi all.  Has anyone tried to create frd and zma files based on ascii in smart live version 5.4 or 7 ?.

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: dian r subekti on February 24, 2021, 11:16:38 PM ---Hi all.  Has anyone tried to create frd and zma files based on ascii in smart live version 5.4 or 7 ?.

--- End quote ---

My quick bit of Googling suggests that Smaart's ASCII format (in v8, anyway) should be roughly compatible with FRD (not sure about ZMA). You may have to comment out (with an asterisk) or remove everything above the actual data in the file, and depending on the trace you're exporting you might also need to remove a column (I don't see any mention in for FRD about about a coherence column). You'll also need to change the file extension to FRD (of course).

-Russ

Chris Grimshaw:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on February 25, 2021, 03:07:14 AM ---(not sure about ZMA)

--- End quote ---

ZMA is the impedance plot, so an entirely different measurement technique.

Chris

dian r subekti:

--- Quote from: Chris Grimshaw on February 25, 2021, 03:04:41 PM ---ZMA is the impedance plot, so an entirely different measurement technique.

Chris

--- End quote ---
I tried to remove everything above the actual data in the file with ms excel.  and paste to notepad and save it with the extension .frd and it works.  thanks man

dian r subekti:

--- Quote from: Chris Grimshaw on February 25, 2021, 03:04:41 PM ---ZMA is the impedance plot, so an entirely different measurement technique.

Chris

--- End quote ---
Yes, right.  Impedance plots are different in measurement techniques.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version