ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody Working?  (Read 15045 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Anybody Working?
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2021, 12:21:41 AM »

Sound and video projection for a celebration of life.

What is a "celebration of life"?

COVID kicked me pretty hard, they wanted me in hospital.  I compromised with home O2 and constant Pulseox monitoring.  If I hit 90 I was headed to the emergency room.  I stayed at 95 almost all the time. 

I still have antibodies but the Dr. finally relented and I got the vaccine today, Pfizer.  Have a wedding on Sat. so praying no side effects, so far so good.

Corporate has not come back, I have no idea what 8th day does, but all the other companies in town (notice I said companies, no idea what the trunk slammers are doing) are booked to or above capacity.  A1's are scarce as hens teeth and stage hands that are any good are too. 

This wedding on Sat. is an oddball, I am just doing the ceremony.  We work with three primary wedding bands, nothing with them until October.  Convention center, conference center at both universities are still closed.  Outdoor and 1000 or so capacity venues are crazy.  We have done more music gigs in the last 60 days than we did in 2019.

Good luck Mal.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2021, 03:02:14 AM »

Corporate has not come back, I have no idea what 8th day does, but all the other companies in town (notice I said companies, no idea what the trunk slammers are doing) are booked to or above capacity.  A1's are scarce as hens teeth and stage hands that are any good are too. 

I'm curious if you are hiring union stage hands and A1s? Or if the scarcity is mainly from the freelancers and non-union crews?

I'm only asking because I've done a few non-union A1 calls here locally, but have done more union work. But most of our work isn't going to gear up until mid August when Broadway comes back, which will signal the beginning of our regular season with our regular arts groups, which looks to be pretty much back to normal. Hopefully more lockdowns won't ruin that trend and put everyone out of work again.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2021, 03:27:29 AM »

I'm curious if you are hiring union stage hands and A1s? Or if the scarcity is mainly from the freelancers and non-union crews?

I'm only asking because I've done a few non-union A1 calls here locally, but have done more union work. But most of our work isn't going to gear up until mid August when Broadway comes back, which will signal the beginning of our regular season with our regular arts groups, which looks to be pretty much back to normal. Hopefully more lockdowns won't ruin that trend and put everyone out of work again.

Hi Justice, glad to hear good news continue to come from you.  Are you thinking of going back out with BMG?

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2021, 04:21:22 AM »

Hi Justice, glad to hear good news continue to come from you.  Are you thinking of going back out with BMG?

I'm hoping to. I don't have any definite information that I can talk about publicly however. And they have not released any info for the restart of the tour as of yet.

I'm on tap as the house A1 for the PAC that I formerly worked at full time. Though this time I'll be on the IA payroll instead of the city/venue payroll. Probably do some recording in the fall also. We'll see how much work I'm getting locally and see how that relates to what I would make on the road.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2021, 07:39:50 AM »

What is a "celebration of life"?

Anything from just another term for a funeral, to a party/gathering at a (much) later date for friends and family to celebrate the past life of the decedent.  I’ve seen a lot more of these mentioned in the last 18 months. 

Glad to hear you’re on the mend, Scott.  It seems everyone’s response to the shot is a bit different, much like the virus itself.  If you make it through to tomorrow without any major side effects, you may want to clear your schedule for 24-48 hours after the second jab, just in case.  Have a few bottles of Gatorade and some Advil on hand as well.

As for work, I didn’t want to take any dates prior to getting both shots. Since Europe was a bit slow on the rollout, we weren’t even eligible until the beginning of June.  Throw a transatlantic move into the mix and I’m just now comfortable with filling the calendar.  So the end of this month is a slow ramp, but next month is full on, including a few new clients - always a bonus.  In the meantime, plenty of shop prep to be had.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2021, 03:12:56 AM »

I'm hoping to. I don't have any definite information that I can talk about publicly however. And they have not released any info for the restart of the tour as of yet.

I'm on tap as the house A1 for the PAC that I formerly worked at full time. Though this time I'll be on the IA payroll instead of the city/venue payroll. Probably do some recording in the fall also. We'll see how much work I'm getting locally and see how that relates to what I would make on the road.

Excellent, I was looking for any inside scoop.  I was more interested if you were thinking of staying close to home or hitting the road again.  Sounds like you have a plateful of options now.  Quite a difference from those most challenging of days.  Now we just need to get together over a plate of your amazing looking BBQ!

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2021, 03:12:56 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 24 queries.