ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody Working?  (Read 14932 times)

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
Re: Anybody Working?
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2021, 07:54:46 PM »

We passed 70% of adult population has gotten at least first dose today, I was shocked, amazed, flabbergasted, gobsmacked and maybe even a little twitterpated.
Twitterpated.  I’ll have to remember that one:-)

We are once again running full bore. No masks and packed shoulder to shoulder/chest to back dance floor. We’re still inside for another week and while I know it’s only my “having-lived-through-2020” imagination I swear I can see a virus cloud over all the dancers between me and the stage — but thankfully not much SARS-coV2 these days.  Only 35 new cases in all of Montana yesterday. Starting next week we’ll be on our outdoor stage all summer. More room (and wind) to dissipate sweat and viri.
..db

Scott Helmke

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2021, 10:27:45 PM »

We passed 70% of adult population has gotten at least first dose today, I was shocked, amazed, flabbergasted, gobsmacked and maybe even a little twitterpated.

If there's one thing that the USA is good at, it's mass production and distribution when we really need it.

John Fruits

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2021, 01:43:27 AM »

Twitterpated.  I’ll have to remember that one:-)
Remember to keep Addlepated close at hand.  Also, I must admit that I am overly fond of gobsmacked.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2021, 06:50:28 PM »

Whew, I'm pooped!  First gig in over a year.  Juneteenth celebration on Fillmore in SF.  Got to break out the Danleys.
It's been near 100s at my shop in Marin, so I wasn't expecting the fog and cold.  At least I brought a jacket, although shorts were not the best choice.
But, how can you not have fun with live music and people!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 08:29:27 PM by Dave Garoutte »
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Thomas Le

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2021, 01:02:22 PM »

Two weeks ago, I helped out a group set up their sound system for an outdoor "pre fathers day" crawfish boil event. I was sweating like crazy in the Texas humidity as I was running cables and gear all over the place. I think there was 20 or 30 tables with 10 chairs each table, so 200 or 300 people? I couldn't stay for the event but got a bag of crawfish to go as thanks for setup and quick n dirty tutorial.

Noah D Mitchell

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2021, 07:17:22 PM »

Two weeks ago, I helped out a group set up their sound system for an outdoor "pre fathers day" crawfish boil event. I was sweating like crazy in the Texas humidity as I was running cables and gear all over the place. I think there was 20 or 30 tables with 10 chairs each table, so 200 or 300 people? I couldn't stay for the event but got a bag of crawfish to go as thanks for setup and quick n dirty tutorial.

Sounds like you got paid well.

Scott Slater

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2021, 07:17:21 AM »

Work has started coming in, only now we're dealing with a labor shortage.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2021, 01:44:20 PM »

Whew, I'm pooped!  First gig in over a year.  Juneteenth celebration on Fillmore in SF.  Got to break out the Danleys.
It's been near 100s at my shop in Marin, so I wasn't expecting the fog and cold.  At least I brought a jacket, although shorts were not the best choice.
But, how can you not have fun with live music and people!

I had to run over to my job site at Fort Mason Sunday evening, probably drove right past you. It was 108 in Trinity county where I'd been rafting.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

gordonmcgregor

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2021, 02:10:04 PM »

first gig in 15 months, at least we got good weather and everything worked  ;D

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2021, 12:22:59 PM »

My gig for the last couple of days was an outdoor concert/charity fundraiser.  In true Kansas tradition, if you want torrential rain or excruciating heat, put on an outdoor show... because you can have both in the same day!  We put up sound and lights on Thursday for the Friday event.  Hot and humid with a "feels like" temp of 105°F at 3pm.

The charity wisely decided Friday morning to move the concert portion indoors and move the food outside under tents.  The first rains came at 2pm while we were taking down the outside PA; then cleared off until about 5p when we got some more, then clearing again.  Some of the client's staff was grumbling about the indoor move.  Good thing the plan was maintained because right at 8pm show time the clouds arrived and dumped nearly 2" of rain with 40MPH winds.

The charity really wanted the concert outside (Covid, partly) but by making the changes: they got to use all their show elements, food and beverage contributions, hold their auction and entertain their donors.  If they'd stuck with their original plan, they'd have served some food and booze and then everyone would have gone home in a thunderstorm.  The part of the auction that occurs during the entertainment typically raises $250k or so in about 10 minutes, so they'd have lost those donations.

We finished our outdoor rig loading about the time the 5pm rain came.  We'd moved 1/3 of the LX rig indoors and ran 200' of 2/0 to power lights and sound.  Show over at 9:30 and by 11p, we'd loaded the consoles/IEM rental rig truck, our lighting truck, and had the venue's house systems restored to the point they could be open today at noon.  Except... we had flown the snakes and those took time to get down; as we slammed the trunk lids, the next wave of storms came it.  We pushed the last 5 cases through 4" of rain water in the alley to get to the trucks.  I was home by midnight.

The client was happy, my crew made some overtime money, and in the end the event was snatched from the jaws of Kansas weather and was successful.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 12:26:00 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2021, 12:22:59 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 25 queries.