ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody Working?  (Read 14920 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Anybody Working?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2021, 11:04:57 PM »

There is a local small (cap. 3000) amphitheater here in Northern Cincinnati that I'm doing 17 shows at. Other than that not much. I keep hearing that the Fall / Winter is going to be booked solid..

For the past couple of weeks I have been turning down micro-spreader events in the clubs which I haven't worked in years.  If they are calling last call Scott the labor pool must be thin.  I took a few at a club that has a big elevated platform, arrived long before doors and then waited until they closed to strike the stage.   It was more just for some chance to be part of a live show. 

As far as the summer people sure are optomistic here, we have almost 2 dozen outdoor shows and a smattering of indoor events.  The outdoor are all good paying stuff.  I am not holding my breath. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2021, 12:06:52 AM »

I am a spoiled brat, I actually made a post a couple of weeks ago about it, but I am doing pretty well lately.

I have a new L'Acoustics Kiva II system in my companies arsenal to play with, did sound for Steve Aoki ( the DJ from Linkin Park ) last week, and may have Earth Wind & Fire on my stage with said L'Acoustics PA in the next few weeks. I am doing a kids play for the next two weeks; again with the new PA! I am still not full-time, but the past few weeks have been on point for me and the future is looking pretty bright!!!!
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Scott Helmke

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2021, 02:20:54 PM »

We had a few Easter things, including a big drive-in one where they had a festival-sized stage and halfway-back video walls.  Now it's commencement ceremony season, and everybody wants to do them outside. 

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2021, 07:52:51 PM »

Los Angeles IATSE stagehand work is picking up very quickly.  The awards shows have put a lot of people to work in the last month.  Outdoor venues are starting to open up in May (to limited capacity).  This past weekend I did a large live-to-tape benefit concert at an outdoor stadium with a live audience of healthcare workers.  Each audience member had to present proof of vaccination and a picture I.D. in order to get into the building.  I hadn't seen this large of a crowd since pre-pandemic times (what seems like eons ago and yet only yesterday).  The entire crew was tested and required to wear masks at all times except for eating and drinking.
Outdoor L.A. County facilities are opening up and programming live events for the summer.  I just booked a gig for a few weeks a month through July.  I'm unsure of requirements for attendees (mask, no mask, etc.).  What I am sure about is that the protocols will be changing as we get closer to the actual events.  I just received my second dose last week, so I'm feeling much better about going back to work.  Luckily L.A. County is now home to one of the lowest infection rates in the nation.  I had heard that there were no reported Covid-related deaths this past Sunday, which marks the first time in months that has happened.  I hope we keep trending in that direction. 

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2021, 11:15:36 PM »

The NFL draft here in CLE was a boom for the union guys and outdoor shows are booking up for the summer.  We have a short outdoor show season.  Right now I am sitting at 23 outside bookings, that's not bad.  Last week we booked a quick 5 date comedy tour that is playing AAA ballparks.  It was full service, stage, PA, power etc.  That was unexpected and starts May off right!

My biggest problem is I waited a year to get sick, I tested positive and was down hard for almost 10 days, I am getting better but still get very tired and easily winded.  My business partner ended up with it too and we are lost in space as to how we managed to give it to each other unless the infection was a week before the symptoms. 

To top is all off the COVID caused his back to inflame and set off a bad case of sciatica he is still recovering from so thankfully we have a young and healthy crew because the two of us are a mess.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:18:18 PM by Scott Holtzman »

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2021, 01:25:15 AM »

My business partner ended up with it too and we are lost in space as to how we managed to give it to each other unless the infection was a week before the symptoms. 
From what I understand, infection to symptoms can be 2 to 5 days.
THAT is what makes this "thing"almost impossible to control.
You get infected.
You pass it around (infect others)
You show symptoms
Those you may have passed it to are now passing to others....
ad infinitum...
Not even considering the asymptomatic.......

Scott, I hope you get over this quickly, and pray for no long-term complications.

Chris.

Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2021, 02:13:26 AM »

From what I understand, infection to symptoms can be 2 to 5 days.
THAT is what makes this "thing"almost impossible to control.
You get infected.
You pass it around (infect others)
You show symptoms
Those you may have passed it to are now passing to others....
ad infinitum...
Not even considering the asymptomatic.......

Scott, I hope you get over this quickly, and pray for no long-term complications.

Chris.

Thanks Chris, I have been isolating since symptomatic however as you pointed out who knows.  My energy level is low and I have shaken the cough, probably start another round of steroids next week.  Hasn't been a lot of fun, my wife lost her father last month and she has been down in Florida taking care of the estate with her sister, they want to get the house sold while the market is hot so basically been isolated and trying to be positive and keep moving forward. 

Thanks for the concern Chris, it's very much appreciated.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2021, 05:05:03 AM »

Sorry to hear Scott!  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I committed to a nice big Fourth of July job in South Florida last week.  Hopefully things stay on the upward trend as July 4th is typically my single biggest job of the year, but at this point it's anybody's guess where things will be 2 months from now...

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2021, 07:04:34 PM »

Sorry to hear Scott!  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I committed to a nice big Fourth of July job in South Florida last week.  Hopefully things stay on the upward trend as July 4th is typically my single biggest job of the year, but at this point it's anybody's guess where things will be 2 months from now...

My wife is still down in Melbourne, I wonder if she is ever coming home :-)  It's getting awful hot I am surprised she hasn't wrapped up! 

This kind of puts the kibosh on me visiting, at least in the short term. 

Hope your 4th of July gig goes great.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2021, 12:02:21 AM »

I've been only sporadically working. Did three recording sessions for the local symphony, one each in February, March, and April, and also just finished an opera concert recording which I am mixing and will be broadcast on NPR nationally later in the summer.

That's all I've got booked for the rest of the year now. And no word from the tour. I'm not sure that they will even be able to come back at this point.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2021, 12:02:21 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.