ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody Working?  (Read 14931 times)

Ed Taylor

Re: Anybody Working?
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2021, 02:09:54 PM »

I mix and provide for a regional 80's band in the Carolinas and starting May we have 12 or so gigs under contract, all outdoors single band shows across NC and SC, we usually do a decent amount of multi-band festivals but none of those right now nor any planned or on hold at present.  Our booking folks are starting to get calls from those who cancelled last year but still have deposits so hopefully a few of those will schedule, all again outdoors.  Some of these are city/town concert series and so those are assuming NC eases restrictions between now and late May for outdoor events, so we'll see.  SC is more open.  The church I mix for has been on two services per week, reduced capacity, since late last summer so that's been solid.  Stay safe and well out there!
hey Jonathan...SC boy here as well (Rock Hill)..so we do a lot of Charlotte biz normally too....the one working band that I have supported in the past had most everything cancelled last year and they had been doing a very few small outdoor things that they can handle with their own PA (think 2 SIS and 2 wedges).. I'm hoping the small town square stuff opens up again this season. Weddings are growing back to a size where a small system is needed for ceremony, but the days of 200 sitdown dinner receptions and live band from out of town...aren't happening right now, so my main rig looks to stay asleep in the trailer...the $1k ceremony/DJ gigs are out there still..but if I needed the income from this market... I'd be homless and sleeping on top of my subwoofers in my trailer (grin)

Steve Cook

• Iowa City, IA
    • Steve Cook Sound
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2021, 03:39:01 PM »

Worked in Homestead, FL last weekend, handling the fanzone at the NASCAR races.  Mandatory masks, temp check on entrance, and 10% of capacity.
Wedding this weekend on Sanibel Island, then back home to Iowa.  Nothing scheduled up there until the end of June. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2021, 07:40:38 PM »

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2021, 10:08:51 PM »

For one-person shops there should be no labor shortage.  For the rest of us -

https://www-wsj-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/concerts-are-ready-to-return-are-workers-11617015601

Yep.  My tiny solo jobs are one thing, but I’ve been keeping in touch with my preferred crew members to be sure they’re still available for hire next time I need to build a proper team.  I rarely exceed a dozen techs working under me but can see this being a real problem for the larger tours - especially where skilled labor is needed.

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2021, 01:36:44 AM »

Just finished a two week run of Lizzie the musical.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2021, 02:17:55 PM »

I had a show last week, electrified string quartet.  Venue PA, our monitor rig, our techs.  For the venue it was the first show since last year.

No blood, no bodies, so it was all good.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

scottstephens

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2021, 03:06:30 PM »

Hey All,

So a couple of weekends ago I had the school musical which went really well except for some weird battery issues, where a few of the Energizer Maxes were crapping out after an hour. We changed them out at intermission so no one knew. It was weird. No interference, no noises, all transmitters on low power, no nothing. Just new batteries going kaput.  So much for Sam's Club Energizers.  Back to Duracell's.

This weekend I have a masked choir thing for my sister in law.  And I received a call about a National Day of Prayer thing the first Thursday of May. So, it's good to be working.

BTW, the social distance thing is a joke. The kids at the school had to sit in every other seat and every other row.  Once the show was over they were all hanging on to each other, hugging, kissing, holding hands.  AFAIK, no one died, no one got sick.  Just an observation.

Scott

RaySoly

• Retired IATSE 56 MONTREAL
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2021, 04:29:19 PM »

I'm only doing video shoots and recording sessions. 

Been lucky to do video shoots also.....Red Zone Montreal has opened up to live shows with limited audience capacity, distancing and masks since March 26...although we still have a 9.30 pm curfew  :o.....The Symphony is playing this week and the Ballet in 2 weeks with a GALA program!  I'm a little weary since I'll be at the board in the house with perhaps 250 ppl Being over 70 I'm considered much at risk of complications, but, I did get my first Pfizer shot almost a month ago...So you could say I'm literally dying to get back to live shows......Orange alert zone Quebec city was opened for the last month but cases have since ballooned and they're all but shut down ..again...

ray

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2021, 08:01:04 PM »

First scheduled gig not until July.  Then a bunch in august.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Al Rettich

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2021, 03:08:36 PM »

There is a local small (cap. 3000) amphitheater here in Northern Cincinnati that I'm doing 17 shows at. Other than that not much. I keep hearing that the Fall / Winter is going to be booked solid..
Hey All,

With this Vaccine thing kind of rolling out or stumbling out or whatever it is doing; I was wondering if anybody is locking in gigs.  Any contracts signed? Any firm handshakes?  Schools? Corporate? Uncle Bob's Backyard BBQ?

I have 1 school gig that is looking good for the end of March... Board Approval is a go and Dept. of Health hasn't said "no" yet. Social distancing in effect, blah, blah, blah. Just wondering.

Scott

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2021, 03:08:36 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.