ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody Working?  (Read 15035 times)

scottstephens

Anybody Working?
« on: February 23, 2021, 12:54:56 PM »

Hey All,

With this Vaccine thing kind of rolling out or stumbling out or whatever it is doing; I was wondering if anybody is locking in gigs.  Any contracts signed? Any firm handshakes?  Schools? Corporate? Uncle Bob's Backyard BBQ?

I have 1 school gig that is looking good for the end of March... Board Approval is a go and Dept. of Health hasn't said "no" yet. Social distancing in effect, blah, blah, blah. Just wondering.

Scott

Stavross (Sam Buck)

Re: Anybody Working?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 01:03:50 PM »

Soonest in-person show I have booked is an outdoor show Memorial Day Weekend.

Other than that just live-streams.

doug johnson2

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 02:00:57 PM »

I have a A2 job in April, if I get my vaccinations done by that time.  It is with a band that believes that their right to play restrictions or not.  I am sure the show will happen, it is outdoors at a pretty large brewery and they were doing shows  in the fall.  I also have a outdoor wine festival the first weekend in May that is proceeding at this point with the assumption they can hold it with vaccine and distancing requirements.

W. Mark Hellinger

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 03:09:08 PM »

A "fair amount" of "firm maybes" starting in May, that I fully expect at this time I won't know if it's a for-sure yes until the first song of the first set... if then.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 03:39:43 PM »

I'm getting jobs.  Nothing in pre-covid quantities yet but enough to keep me busy.  The socially-distanced choir job I posted about a few weeks ago is taking place tomorrow and Thursday, so that'll be a nice little bit of work.  I had an NYE job and then another one about a month ago.  I'll admit that the gigs I have been playing are doing a good job with the social distancing guidelines.  At the same time, a number of the bar bands that play the area are posting plenty of pictures on social media with no masks or social distancing in sight... 

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 04:23:47 PM »

I've been cutting up and burning pine limbs dropped by the ice storm... My aching back feels like I was working.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 05:24:30 PM »

No jobs on the immediate horizon, but the flood gates are starting to open for requests this summer.  A couple of the major events we did are still on hold, but lots of newer (but smaller) ideas are starting to pour in.

AKA, it's mostly going to be stuff I can handle myself vs hiring a crew.  Kinda sucks, because I much prefer working with a crew vs alone.
Brian Jojade

John L Nobile

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 05:37:11 PM »

I'll consider it lucky if we have any Christmas parties at the hotel this year. So I don't expect anything until Mid November.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 06:33:15 PM »

One of my best clients had work starting in April, now nothing until August.  I'll be working at Home Depot by then.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 06:57:16 PM »

The Taproom is starting back with two ticketed indoor shows March 12/13 which are seen as “events” by the county health department and hence require detailed individual plans and the expectation of compliance visits during the shows. Twelve spaced tables to reserve with six patrons each.  No dancing of course and if your butt ain’t pressing on a stool you need a mask on your face.  Long way from our normal packed 300 cap (soon to be 550 cap) rock show but hey, it’s a start.  I’ll have my second shot the week before so I said I’d risk doing sound for them. Expectation is that our outside stage will be a big draw this summer.

That said, the three July/August festivals I’ve worked are all cancelled for 2021.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 07:00:00 PM by dave briar »
..db

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 06:57:16 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.