ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody Working?  (Read 15076 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Anybody Working?
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2021, 12:35:54 PM »

first gig in 15 months, at least we got good weather and everything worked  ;D

So that's where you've been!
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2021, 07:31:44 PM »

My gig for the last couple of days was an outdoor concert/charity fundraiser.  In true Kansas tradition, if you want torrential rain or excruciating heat, put on an outdoor show... because you can have both in the same day!  We put up sound and lights on Thursday for the Friday event.  Hot and humid with a "feels like" temp of 105°F at 3pm.
That sounds like my last two days.

I will never understand why anyone would do outdoor events in Oklahoma during the summer. It's almost as dumb, and sucks just as much as virtual events.

And this one was a special kind of suck, what with the 16 hour days and not a single break the whole time an no schedule, coordination of performers or communication at all. At least they had a DJ to manage all the playback for me.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

John L Nobile

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2021, 07:33:22 PM »

Things are different in Canada. I got a call today for an Aug 7th briefcase outdoor gig. It's tentative. We can't have any concerts right now. We can't have anything and that includes single and duos outside on a patio.

I'm trying not to get excited cause it could be canceled but it's a buddy's SM80/TH118/M32 rig. I haven't heard my SM80's as mains for 4 years so I'm looking forward to hearing what they sound like again.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2021, 08:46:42 PM »

Try not to put too many eggs in the 'pandemic is over, resume your normal lives' basket. There are indications that this may get worse again before it gets better. Vax hesitancy / pugnaciousness may team up successfully with the natural propensity of organisms to look for every possible path forward and put us in the same or possibly worse place than 15 months ago.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/06/booster-shots-johnson-and-johnson-vaccine.html

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2021, 10:07:48 AM »

Try not to put too many eggs in the 'pandemic is over, resume your normal lives' basket. There are indications that this may get worse again before it gets better. Vax hesitancy / pugnaciousness may team up successfully with the natural propensity of organisms to look for every possible path forward and put us in the same or possibly worse place than 15 months ago.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/06/booster-shots-johnson-and-johnson-vaccine.html

Some of my clients subscribe to expensive pundits that attempt to predict these things, and since I'm under NDA I can't say who/what... but the consensus is there will be a big, nasty surge of Covid (probably Delta or other mutation) in October.

Anyone still fence-sitting regarding vaccination, PLEASE get the shot(s).  Think of it as protecting commerce and our ability to work.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John L Nobile

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2021, 10:24:11 AM »

Just got my first 2 riders for shows at the resort. One's for November, the other is for December.  Both are tentative.

I'm seeing S6L's on the riders. Wonder where I can find one of those in Ontario?

I'm also getting calls and emails from tribute bands and single/duos. My reply is that we're not even remotely thinking of live entertainment right now.  Wish I had a different answer for them. I have a lot of struggling musician friends.

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2021, 12:23:17 PM »

Just got my first 2 riders for shows at the resort. One's for November, the other is for December.  Both are tentative.

I'm seeing S6L's on the riders. Wonder where I can find one of those in Ontario?

I'm also getting calls and emails from tribute bands and single/duos. My reply is that we're not even remotely thinking of live entertainment right now.  Wish I had a different answer for them. I have a lot of struggling musician friends.

Actual shows on the calendar for the end of July/August, but they are in the US. Standing by for the next round of cross border travel decisions/restrictions on July 21st. I'm fully vaccinated so that will make this slightly easier.

There are S6L's available for rent in Ontario. Apex, Solotech, and Metalworks have them.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2021, 10:29:10 PM »

Things are different in Canada. {...} We can't have anything and that includes single and duos outside on a patio. {...}

For better or for worse this is somewhat jurisdiction-dependent. I was recalled last week by the local PACT (basically Canada's LORT) theatre to work on a series sporadic, self-contained concerts that people can hire for their back yard event or block party: a pair of Equity performers (out of three pairs, each doing a different set), one IA tech (out of a pool of three, all taking turns), a PA, and a Ford Transit. The rig isn't much to write home about, but it sure was nice to sit behind a console again (and those Mackie one-knob compressors are a lot more useful than I would have initially guessed). Given the weather I'm thankful there's no bookings this week, but it sounds like there are some coming down the pipe.

-Russ

John L Nobile

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2021, 11:08:16 PM »

For better or for worse this is somewhat jurisdiction-dependent. I was recalled last week by the local PACT (basically Canada's LORT) theatre to work on a series sporadic, self-contained concerts that people can hire for their back yard event or block party: a pair of Equity performers (out of three pairs, each doing a different set), one IA tech (out of a pool of three, all taking turns), a PA, and a Ford Transit. The rig isn't much to write home about, but it sure was nice to sit behind a console again (and those Mackie one-knob compressors are a lot more useful than I would have initially guessed). Given the weather I'm thankful there's no bookings this week, but it sounds like there are some coming down the pipe.

-Russ

Are you able to have live music in Alberta? What are the guidelines? We can't have anything live in Ontario right now. I think we have to wait for Stage 3 and we're just expecting to enter Stage 2 this weekend. I'll finally be able to get a haircut! :)

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2021, 08:52:49 AM »

Are you able to have live music in Alberta? What are the guidelines? We can't have anything live in Ontario right now. I think we have to wait for Stage 3 and we're just expecting to enter Stage 2 this weekend. I'll finally be able to get a haircut! :)

HAha. A week after the lock-down started, I ordered a Wahl hair trimmer kit on Amazon.
The wife does a fine job, and I am not too picky. I don't expect to pay for a haircut aver again.
At 25 bucks a pop, the kit was paid for in 6 or 8 months......
Chris.
Oh, on topic... Still nothing live going on in Montreal, We're "green zone" now, whatever that means.....
You can go to a bar at limited capacity, SIT DOWN and drink. No  dancing or walking around.
Bell Center (17,000 cap i think) is open to 2,500 spectators for the Stanley Cup series. Open a week and a half now. You can have a wedding for 250 - space permitting, but the reception is 25 inside, 50 outside. No dancing, sit down meals.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2021, 08:52:49 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.