ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody Working?  (Read 15037 times)

Jonathan Hole

• Sound Resume
Re: Anybody Working?
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 10:31:49 PM »

I mix and provide for a regional 80's band in the Carolinas and starting May we have 12 or so gigs under contract, all outdoors single band shows across NC and SC, we usually do a decent amount of multi-band festivals but none of those right now nor any planned or on hold at present.  Our booking folks are starting to get calls from those who cancelled last year but still have deposits so hopefully a few of those will schedule, all again outdoors.  Some of these are city/town concert series and so those are assuming NC eases restrictions between now and late May for outdoor events, so we'll see.  SC is more open.  The church I mix for has been on two services per week, reduced capacity, since late last summer so that's been solid.  Stay safe and well out there!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 01:42:10 AM »

Hey All,

With this Vaccine thing kind of rolling out or stumbling out or whatever it is doing; I was wondering if anybody is locking in gigs.  Any contracts signed? Any firm handshakes?  Schools? Corporate? Uncle Bob's Backyard BBQ?

I have 1 school gig that is looking good for the end of March... Board Approval is a go and Dept. of Health hasn't said "no" yet. Social distancing in effect, blah, blah, blah. Just wondering.

Scott

We have a St. Pat's day indoor on the books but I hold no hope of it actually happening.  For summer when the tundra thaws we have about 30 shows on the books that are all outdoor festivals.  The city sponsored stuff I don't see happening, private shows outdoors with very strict distancing we did all summer that series will go again.  Normally that series drew about 1000 and we kept it below 300 all summer.  I also have a winery planning 5 shows starting in June.  These typically saw 4000 guests and I have not seen there plan yet.  We do an annual zoofest in august, 12 small stages throughout the zoo and it's basically done bar crawl fashion with everyone ending up at mainstage at the end of the night.  That's about 8000 people in August, questionable.  The summer amphitheater stuff I have not heard a peep from.  My prediction is the big rig won't leave the warehouse and even more grim we won't have to rent a truck in 2021.  We have one box truck and 3 vans, that seems like plenty of capacity at this point, sadly. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2021, 06:55:28 AM »

I have some work...a couple of small installs and some web cast work but certainly not a lot.
Fortunately, the Canadian government is subsidizing self employed workers with a basic income so the bills get paid.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2021, 01:21:47 PM »

I have some work...a couple of small installs and some web cast work but certainly not a lot.
Fortunately, the Canadian government is subsidizing self employed workers with a basic income so the bills get paid.

That got extended again in the US and now PPP loans are available to sole proprietors.  A lifeline for our industry.  Clubs and venues got a chunk of cash in Feb. depending on their revenue.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2021, 04:13:13 PM »

No dancing of course and if your butt ain’t pressing on a stool you need a mask on your face.

And from this, all i got is a visual of people walking around with cocktails in hand, and a barstool strapped straight out from the behind.  I mean, if the law says butt pressed on a stool, that would count, right?  :)
Brian Jojade

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 06:47:15 PM »

I’ve already started getting cancellations for annual redates.
I’m usually pretty chipper, but this is really starting to get old. Not just the whole sickness thing, but the after effects of closed or slowed manufacturing.
Tons of items for shop inventory are backordered, and my stress relief car hobby is affected too. I’ve been waiting for a set of aluminum heads for over 3 months due to shutdowns and shortages of materials.
But I guess it could be a lot worse.....an old school chum recently lost his dad to covid.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 07:52:38 PM »

And from this, all i got is a visual of people walking around with cocktails in hand, and a barstool strapped straight out from the behind.  I mean, if the law says butt pressed on a stool, that would count, right?  :)

Milking stool.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Michael Lascuola

• WoodlawnSound.com
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 09:59:33 AM »

I'm only doing video shoots and recording sessions.  First "tentative" show is Memorial Day; we shall see.
Colorado Springs, CO

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 01:22:46 PM »

Most of my work the last few months has been broadcast/stream audio for houses of worship.  Got one smallish Metallica Tribute show next month.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2021, 04:07:53 PM »

Got some pre-bookings for an end of summer series.
Other than that, starting back up my parking lot jam this weekend.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2021, 04:07:53 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.