ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meyer Sound / Sweetwater  (Read 638 times)

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
"It's got electrolytes.  It's got what plants crave."

Scott Helmke

Re: Meyer Sound / Sweetwater
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 08:18:57 am »

Oof.  That hurts.

On the other hand Sweetwater is rarely the best deal you can find for most gear, even compared to traditional dealers. People are often surprised by that.

Caleb Dueck

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 07:38:57 pm »

Oof.  That hurts.

On the other hand Sweetwater is rarely the best deal you can find for most gear, even compared to traditional dealers. People are often surprised by that.

At least it's Sweetwater, not FDW, and only a few SKU's.  It feels like Meyer is desperate for sales, and are dipping into the MI/end user market rather than into the smaller-integrator install market (IE, FDW or TMP).  Hopefully it won't be too bad in terms of brand devaluation. 

Maybe they (Sweetwater) will be slower to recommend KLA as their go-to speakers for DIY install projects :)

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Brian Bolly

• A Tale of Two Continents
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 02:03:36 am »

At least it's Sweetwater, not FDW, and only a few SKU's.  It feels like Meyer is desperate for sales, and are dipping into the MI/end user market rather than into the smaller-integrator install market (IE, FDW or TMP).  Hopefully it won't be too bad in terms of brand devaluation. 

Maybe they (Sweetwater) will be slower to recommend KLA as their go-to speakers for DIY install projects :)

As strictly a business move, it makes sense to me.  Sweetwater had over $1B in revenue last year, in addition to opening a new 480,000 sq ft warehouse.  They sell and stock a massive amount of product.  The others you mentioned are more wholesale/distributors (at least FDW and TMP - who IE is is escaping me at the moment).  Although FDW is owned by Full Compass, and Full Compass is a dealer, I doubt they're allowed to sell wholesale via FDW.

But as far as Sweetwater, they seem to have limited Meyer SKUs - the AMIE studio monitor setups, and then 3 PA tops and 3 PA subs, plus some accessories and processing.  The one thing it does do is to put the product in front of a lot more people just by being on their website ó whether pricing is available online or if you have to call your Sales Engineer, it's now searchable/available.  The visibility factor alone is worth something.

And like Scott said, Sweetwater is rarely the best deal you can find for most gear but they do have the convenience factor down to a science.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 02:36:46 am »

And like Scott said, Sweetwater is rarely the best deal you can find for most gear but they do have the convenience factor down to a science.

Exactly.  I go to Sweetwater when I need something in 2 days that canít be sourced locally or found on Amazon Prime.  Cost isnít a factor at that point and Iíll gladly pay extra for them to have what I need in stock with same-day expedited shipping.  I shop through my network of preferred dealers when making planned significant business investments.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 05:38:01 am »

Exactly.  I go to Sweetwater when I need something in 2 days that canít be sourced locally or found on Amazon Prime.  Cost isnít a factor at that point and Iíll gladly pay extra for them to have what I need in stock with same-day expedited shipping.  I shop through my network of preferred dealers when making planned significant business investments.

We all do, just admitting it in public is the problem.  The 4 payment thing is a great way to hide purchases from the wife.

Anyway, have you noticed the quality of the candy is dropping off fast, been a long time since any M&M's made it.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

John Hiemburg

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 08:44:50 am »

Anyway, have you noticed the quality of the candy is dropping off fast, been a long time since any M&M's made it.

Truth. And the Bit o Honey have been showing up stale...

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2021, 04:27:47 pm »

Truth. And the Bit o Honey have been showing up stale...
Thats the bees fault. Not a ground fault.

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #7 on: June 06, 2021, 04:27:47 pm ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.