ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF L18-P200N replacement  (Read 6042 times)

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
Re: RCF L18-P200N replacement
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2021, 03:02:30 PM »

Agreed.
I went from Crown MA12000i to Powersoft T602. Haven't missed that last 3dB (less, at 2ohm), but the networking and DSP have been great to have.

FWIW, having abused a T602 (bridged into a 4ohm sub, pushed 6dB into clip while playing dubstep), I can say those amps hold up well, and the clipping isn't obvious. A reduction in "impact", but that could also have been the drivers being driven past Xmax.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2021, 04:36:56 PM »

Agreed.
I went from Crown MA12000i to Powersoft T602. Haven't missed that last 3dB (less, at 2ohm), but the networking and DSP have been great to have.

FWIW, having abused a T602 (bridged into a 4ohm sub, pushed 6dB into clip while playing dubstep), I can say those amps hold up well, and the clipping isn't obvious. A reduction in "impact", but that could also have been the drivers being driven past Xmax.

Chris

My main amp is a X8 Dante so T-series fits right into the SW platform.
Run a K20DSP for some subs I built a few years ago, sounds absolutely fantastic, but the same subs on X8 isn't that far behind. You notice a difference, especially if you go 2 ohm crazy. I bet the new X4L is a killer.
T and X is pretty similar IME, X has a bigger PSU and have more horsepower, but T is on par in terms of SQ.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2021, 05:16:49 PM »

T and X is pretty similar IME, X has a bigger PSU and have more horsepower, but T is on par in terms of SQ.

That's cool to hear. I don't really have any use for the X series amps, apart from pushing my subs further into power compression, but it's nice to know the T-series amps sound as good.

I have heard the X8 wouldn't like 2ohm subs on every channel, but I rather think that's to be expected - it's a very difficult use case. The X4L looks like a real beast, though.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2021, 05:44:10 PM »

That's cool to hear. I don't really have any use for the X series amps, apart from pushing my subs further into power compression, but it's nice to know the T-series amps sound as good.

I have heard the X8 wouldn't like 2ohm subs on every channel, but I rather think that's to be expected - it's a very difficult use case. The X4L looks like a real beast, though.

Chris

I've used 4x EAW SB2001 on a X4 in anger, powered by 400V/3phase/16A. Subs wired in 2 ohm.
That's insane, 20800W on 8x21" drivers with some serious SPL from what's basically the size of a pizza box....
X-series is awesome, T-series is damn good as well. Not just "inspired by" :)

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2021, 01:57:15 PM »

This is moving (slowly) forward.
Got new grilles made, they look so good unpainted that I'm thinking about skipping the paint job on them.
Also have a pair of  drivers on their way for some testing.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2021, 01:57:15 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 23 queries.