ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Signal Hound's SA running on OS with Parallels?  (Read 3400 times)

Rui Lisboa

Re: Signal Hound's SA running on OS with Parallels?
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 05:56:18 AM »

I agree that carrying only one laptop has advantages but circumstances do not comply.  I prefer to not use Apple products but own and use them anyway because my work requires using particular software only available on that OS.  The *value* provided by the software/computer combination outweighs the inconvenience.

You are right. A personal computer may not always be linked and engaged to your RF workspace.
Either way on site surveys manly abroad one that does it all would suffice and be convenient. It's just a shame that you can run pretty much everything RF related in Parallels (Motorola CPS, IAS, RF Explorer, Nano VNA, all IC tools) with the exception of SH running Spike.
But as the song says: you can't always get what you want ;D

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2021, 08:10:34 AM »

You are right. A personal computer may not always be linked and engaged to your RF workspace.

IMO a personal computer shouldn't be used in a production environment.
What have the computer been used to and exposed to? Who's responsible if it fails?
The computer should be provided as a production item with a trackable software history.

RaySoly

• Retired IATSE 56 MONTREAL
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2021, 08:26:02 PM »

I prefer to not use Apple products but own and use them anyway because my work requires using particular software only available on that OS.  The *value* provided by the software/computer combination outweighs the inconvenience

Qlab? digital performer ? logic? just guessing.....what is mac only?

As others have stated the most difficult basic lesson to learn for my students is do not surf with the computer!..we supply you with the hardware..... It's a show computer ...don't auto update anything! ....if it ain't broke don't fix it....

Ray

Jordan Tanner

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2022, 09:20:09 PM »

Another check- in here, I recetly purchased an SA44b and have managed to get it working reliably in Parallels on a 2019 Macbook Pro. Initially, it didn't work- the device would appear in Spikes device list, but connection was consistently unsuccessful. Eventually, I came across this thread in the Signal Hound forums

https://signalhound.com/support/forums/topic/cannot-connect-sa44b-with-spike/

Disabling the 'Load VCP' option seemed to solve my issues! Spike still drops connection to the device occasionally if Parallels is not the active window/application, but quickly reconnects.

Rui Lisboa

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2022, 06:04:13 AM »

Thanks Jordan. I do realize that. However the BB60 is a totally different beast and the data running is much more demanding on the system. Unfortunately I've not found a successful case of running the BB60 on a Mac yet.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2022, 06:04:13 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.