ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas M32 Live Firmware Problems  (Read 520 times)

Hiram Morales

Midas M32 Live Firmware Problems
« on: February 07, 2021, 07:31:13 pm »

Greetings friends

Last week, I decided to download the latest M32 and X32 firmware 4.04...and after backing everything up (like scenes) in a pin drive..I upgraded the machine after a while the M32 accepted the Firmware with the surprise that it erased all my previous scenes....wow...I had to wait and work on it to find a updated scene from my mac to enter the scene to the M32 with no problems...it didn't accept the backed up scenes from my Pin drive...after finishing up and having everything sounding great, I made another back up...and shut the machine down..

today I started early and when the service started the musicians started to tell me that their IEM weren't working so I decided to recall my back up and everything came back to normal....before the sermon a song was played and I decided to record the song into a empty pin drive after it was done I stop the recording when the pastor started preaching I started the recording again but for some reason the recording was freeze and the whole machine was freeze...after 20 seconds the M32 automatically shut down and it restarted again and I had gain control of the machine, it was weird....Is there a Bug problem in the new firmware or is there a way a can get an earlier version of a firmware like 3.11 where the M32 was working flawlessly..Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 07:34:11 pm by angelwingshiram »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 08:47:47 pm »

Greetings friends

..Thanks for any help

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
Re: Midas M32 Live Firmware Problems
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 05:04:33 pm »

Last week, I decided to download the latest M32 and X32 firmware 4.04...and after backing everything up (like scenes) in a pin drive..I upgraded the machine after a while the M32 accepted the Firmware with the surprise that it erased all my previous scenes....wow...I had to wait and work on it to find a updated scene from my mac to enter the scene to the M32 with no problems...it didn't accept the backed up scenes from my Pin drive...after finishing up and having everything sounding great, I made another back up...and shut the machine down..

Did you get the very latest firmware from the Midas web site?  The latest rev is 4.04.1.  That said, if you updated from the 3.x code train to the 4.x code train, the upgrade warned many times that EVERYTHING was going to be reset.  Not sure why your scenes will not load.  Load them into X32/M32 editor off line and see if they are intact.

today I started early and when the service started the musicians started to tell me that their IEM weren't working so I decided to recall my back up and everything came back to normal....before the sermon a song was played and I decided to record the song into a empty pin drive after it was done I stop the recording when the pastor started preaching I started the recording again but for some reason the recording was freeze and the whole machine was freeze...after 20 seconds the M32 automatically shut down and it restarted again and I had gain control of the machine, it was weird....Is there a Bug problem in the new firmware or is there a way a can get an earlier version of a firmware like 3.11 where the M32 was working flawlessly..Thanks for any help

I would do this:
- Do a total board backup, NOT a scene backup.
- Now, do a manual backup of your newly made scenes.
- Factory reset the board.
- Test the mixer with a "clean" setup.  Leave it on for a bit and see if it is stable.  Patch a mic to the channels and send signals to the outputs.
- Load a scene preset that your offline editor can read and test if things are working.
- If this does not work, repeat above, but re-flash the firmware after the factory reset and re-test.

If this does not work, reach out to the X32 Pro users group on FB or go to the MT forums.  Good luck and keep us posted on your results.  I do not suggest trying to revert to an earlier firmware version.  Do you have the board connected to any stage boxes (S16/32, DL16/32, SD8/16)?

Where are you located?

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 04:40:18 am »

There is a known issue that a bad usb-stick may cause the mixer to freeze/reboot and is not firmware version related.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 12:16:21 pm »

The X32 is more particular about zip drives. Some work fine and others just do weird things? I found it to be mostly related to the age of the zip drive. My older ones that are 2gigs or so don't work and my newer 4+gig sticks work fine.

Depending on which version of firmware you started at, you may have had to go through a firmware update sequence that involves a gradual step from releases. If I am not mistaken if you were at Firmware version 3.13 ( for instance ), you couldn't just go straight to 4.0.X, you had to update to 3.3 first, then you could go to 4.0.X.

I would do a full scene backup and a full board backup. Then reset the board to factory default ( factory reset ). This should take the board back to a 3.X.X firmware. Then look carefully at each subsequent firmware release and their respective notes to ensure how far you can jump. I know for the X32 there was a particular firmware you had to be on first, before you could jump to the 4.0. firmware.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 01:39:05 pm »

The X32 is more particular about zip drives. Some work fine and others just do weird things? I found it to be mostly related to the age of the zip drive. My older ones that are 2gigs or so don't work and my newer 4+gig sticks work fine.

Luke, please forgive me for being pedantic on this one, but you may get some odd looks from your IT folks if you use the term "zip drive."  Zip drives were a magnetic media device that looked like an oversized floppy about 20 years ago.  Most folks nowadays would typically call this a USB, flash, or thumb drive.

Depending on which version of firmware you started at, you may have had to go through a firmware update sequence that involves a gradual step from releases. If I am not mistaken if you were at Firmware version 3.13 ( for instance ), you couldn't just go straight to 4.0.X, you had to update to 3.3 first, then you could go to 4.0.X.

You can go straight to 4.04.1 from any 3.xx series.  Have not tested earlier versions.  In fact, MT does not even have old versions readily available on their sites any more.

I would do a full scene backup and a full board backup. Then reset the board to factory default ( factory reset ). This should take the board back to a 3.X.X firmware. Then look carefully at each subsequent firmware release and their respective notes to ensure how far you can jump. I know for the X32 there was a particular firmware you had to be on first, before you could jump to the 4.0. firmware.

Initializing the board will not reset the firmware.  You can downgrade the firmware, which folks have had to do when an upgrade failed, but this is uncommon.  I agree with you, though.  Backup, initialize, test, load scenes, test more.

Good luck OP!

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 03:59:02 pm »

My understanding was that due to the boot loader method the x/m series uses that you can go from any FW to any without having to step through.  This includes downgrading. 

Step through may be required to not nuke scenes though.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 03:59:02 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.