ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: m32 audio dropout suddenly.  (Read 2388 times)

Pete Lockwood

m32 audio dropout suddenly.
« on: February 08, 2021, 05:46:18 PM »

Just had an incident at our bar in Nashville. M32 working fine and suddenly drops audio. We turned everything off, amps, monitors, and turned the board off and back off. Chose a new scene, and powered everything else back up. Re worked the scene and its fine now. System is only a couple years old. I   checked the latest version of firmware is m32r 3.07. Any ideas? Thank You.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: m32 audio dropout suddenly.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 09:59:41 PM »

Just had an incident at our bar in Nashville. M32 working fine and suddenly drops audio. We turned everything off, amps, monitors, and turned the board off and back off. Chose a new scene, and powered everything else back up. Re worked the scene and its fine now. System is only a couple years old. I   checked the latest version of firmware is m32r 3.07. Any ideas? Thank You.

Bumped next scene or mute?  Hard to know with that little data.  Nashville is having live events?

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 07:52:46 AM »

I had that happen a couple of years ago.  The only thing I could come up with is that someone was remotely controlling (iPad) the board and someone was physically at the board doing similar things at the exact same time?  Never has it happened again.  FWIW

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 08:23:25 AM »

Are you using any stage boxes?
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 08:14:01 PM »

Not enough info to really pinpoint the cause.

If it's dropping ALL audio to both mains and monitor mixes, it's unlikely that ALL amps are doing the same thing at the same time, unless that is, you are running into a power situation.  Even then, amps would come on and off at slightly different times and you'd have visual cues that there's a power issue.

The next clear thing to know is how are things routed? Are you using stage boxes over AES50, or connecting right directly in and out of the board?  That connection could be a source of complete failure.

When there is a failure, is there any indication on the mixer itself?  Do you still see meter levels? Do you see any strange behavior?

Lastly, is this connected to a network? Is that network SECURE??  If you have an open WIFI network, or an easy to guess password, anyone with a phone in their pocket could potentially mess with your show.
Brian Jojade

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 08:14:01 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.