ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Behringer lights  (Read 4930 times)

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: New Behringer lights
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 11:42:16 PM »

With the prevalence of direct-from-China lights I'm surprised that Behringer feels the industry needs yet another budget light fixture vendor

The whole direct from China thing works fine - if you don't care about consistency or repeatability.  If you bought some rando light and then next week had to find it again, that factory may or may not exist anymore.  Forget about warranty or service.  Make sure you buy enough of the lights so that you can replace failed ones during the expected life of the set.

Having a brand that at least somewhat can maintain a consistent supply at low prices isn't a bad thing.

And yeah, people re-buy lights ALL the time.  Lights are pretty and fun.  There's money to be made there. Speakers, amps and mixers are way more boring.  You buy that stuff once a decade or 2.
Brian Jojade

duane massey

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 06:30:02 PM »

There hasn't been a low-priced full-featured controller since the Showdesigner series. It seems that most mid-level "light guys" buy software (or freeware) and are quite happy. I just can't get enthusiastic about the various PC-based systems I've come across for live work.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 09:56:04 PM »

I would love to see a small flying fader desk.  The problem with all the smaller controllers is when you change banks or fixtures, the faders aren't updated, so you really don't know where you are if you are busking a show.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 12:07:23 AM »

I would love to see a small flying fader desk. 
One of the EuroLite desks I linked has motorized faders.
https://www.steinigke.de/en/mpn70064516-eurolite-dmx-move-controller-512-pro.html

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2021, 12:23:29 PM »

Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 01:29:57 PM »

Having a brand that at least somewhat can maintain a consistent supply at low prices isn't a bad thing.

And yeah, people re-buy lights ALL the time.  Lights are pretty and fun.  There's money to be made there. Speakers, amps and mixers are way more boring.  You buy that stuff once a decade or 2.

Hey, I've got lighting equipment in use pushing 20 years old over here! 

But yes, I agree with your point.  Mine is more that we have ebay/Amazon/Monoprice to cover the ultra-cheap disposable fixtures.  American DJ, Chauvet DJ, Blizzard, Marq, and many others have the "DJ" level covered with increasingly competitive prices on pretty okay equipment to the point it's overlapping the Direct-from-China bit.  Martin even tried to grab a piece of this market with the THIRLL Series and (thankfully) failed at that. 

Chauvet Pro and Elation overlap a good bit on the upper end of the club/DJ market with many offerings now extending into the pro install/touring market to compete with the established pro providers such as Martin, High End, Clay Paky, and so on.  With so many good choices already in play I'm just surprised to see Behringer trying to jump in now too, unless they have bigger plans yet unannounced such as marketing a revolutionary light console.  We shall see!

John L Nobile

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2021, 02:14:28 PM »

I have a GrandMA on PC and it's been discontinued. Which kinda pisses me off. I can understand a paid update to bring it to an MA3 type level but discontinuing it probably writes me off as a customer. Don't think they'll lose any sleep over it.

So I will probably be looking for a new controller next year. And the less I have to spend on lighting, the better. I'd like to see Behringer have some pro options by then. Maybe something where the workflow makes more sense to a sound guy. Lighting boards have always confused me.

Mark Morley

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2021, 10:38:14 AM »

Behringer has a blurb out about some new lights. I think the 7x10 watt mover looks interesting. Curious about the price.

https://www.behringer.com/series.html?category=R-BEHRINGER-EUROLIGHTSERIES

I have Martin Rush MH2's that have been working well with the same specs. I'd like to add something similar when things start up again and I probably won't have much of a budget. A 3 year warranty and a metal case have my attention.

As Behringer is predominantly an audio company, these lights are almost certainly re-badged Chinese models, shared with various other "manufacturers". My preference would be to stick with established lighting manufacturers that offer good-quality lower-priced ranges, such as Chauvet, Elation, ETC, Martin, Robe etc

John L Nobile

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 01:05:06 PM »

As Behringer is predominantly an audio company, these lights are almost certainly re-badged Chinese models, shared with various other "manufacturers". My preference would be to stick with established lighting manufacturers that offer good-quality lower-priced ranges, such as Chauvet, Elation, ETC, Martin, Robe etc

Why can't Behringer have lights made to their specs by a Chinese company? I have a very strong feeling that those other companies you mentioned do that. And while I'd rather buy lights from an established company, why would I pay more for a similar light when I'm buying from a very large company that's also offering a warranty? Especially in the near future when budget is going to be tighter than a mouses ear.

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2021, 03:24:17 AM »

Have heard a few people suggest  Lightshark as possibly becoming the X32 of lighting desks IF they can sort the FX side of it out.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2021, 03:24:17 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.