ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Behringer lights  (Read 4940 times)

John L Nobile

New Behringer lights
« on: February 08, 2021, 11:18:11 AM »

Behringer has a blurb out about some new lights. I think the 7x10 watt mover looks interesting. Curious about the price.

https://www.behringer.com/series.html?category=R-BEHRINGER-EUROLIGHTSERIES

I have Martin Rush MH2's that have been working well with the same specs. I'd like to add something similar when things start up again and I probably won't have much of a budget. A 3 year warranty and a metal case have my attention.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: New Behringer lights
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 08:11:52 PM »

Behringer has a blurb out about some new lights. I think the 7x10 watt mover looks interesting. Curious about the price.

https://www.behringer.com/series.html?category=R-BEHRINGER-EUROLIGHTSERIES

I have Martin Rush MH2's that have been working well with the same specs. I'd like to add something similar when things start up again and I probably won't have much of a budget. A 3 year warranty and a metal case have my attention.

$140 EU, about $200 US Thonann has them in stock.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

John L Nobile

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 10:20:19 AM »

$140 EU, about $200 US Thonann has them in stock.

Crazy cheap. I think my MH2's were CDN $1200.00 5 or 6 years ago. Could probably get 4 or 5 lights for that.

As a sound guy, I really appreciate cheap lighting as it leaves more money in the budget for PA; the important stuff.

Daniel Levi

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 01:30:34 PM »

Crazy cheap. I think my MH2's were CDN $1200.00 5 or 6 years ago. Could probably get 4 or 5 lights for that.

As a sound guy, I really appreciate cheap lighting as it leaves more money in the budget for PA; the important stuff.

hey just need to release a cheap controller for them now, yes they do still have the LC2412 (V2), but that is not really suitable for moving lights.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 02:25:28 PM »

Interesting indeed, and the need for an updated controller was my thought too.  I still have my LC2412 from my high school days and use it around the shop on occasion, but it's a far cry from any modern console.  Despite the low channel count and general hate for this board it still has a surprising set of features for a sub-$200 board. 

I'll be curious to see how the fixtures themselves sell as a whole.  With the prevalence of direct-from-China lights I'm surprised that Behringer feels the industry needs yet another budget light fixture vendor, but it'd be nice to bump the price point down again for lights that aren't garbage.  With such a tight market though and acceptable offerings becoming even cheaper it'll be an uphill battle for sure.  Time will tell though!

Daniel Levi

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 02:36:28 PM »

Interesting indeed, and the need for an updated controller was my thought too.  I still have my LC2412 from my high school days and use it around the shop on occasion, but it's a far cry from any modern console.  Despite the low channel count and general hate for this board it still has a surprising set of features for a sub-$200 board. 

I'll be curious to see how the fixtures themselves sell as a whole.  With the prevalence of direct-from-China lights I'm surprised that Behringer feels the industry needs yet another budget light fixture vendor, but it'd be nice to bump the price point down again for lights that aren't garbage.  With such a tight market though and acceptable offerings becoming even cheaper it'll be an uphill battle for sure.  Time will tell though!

Yes the LC2412 at the time was a bargain for what it offered, especially because it had MIDI and analogue control. Yes there were a few firmware issues along the way (some relating to the incorrect use of this board with intelligent lights), but it seemd a pretty soild board.
It seems that throughout Behringer's history the non audio products have all been fine.

John L Nobile

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 03:59:41 PM »

hey just need to release a cheap controller for them now, yes they do still have the LC2412 (V2), but that is not really suitable for moving lights.

Wonder if Behringer has GrandMa or Jands on their radar for a future purchase? Now that they sell movers they're going to need to sell a controller. There's a lot of money to be made in lighting.

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 04:26:55 PM »

they just need to release a cheap controller for them now,

Steinigke Showtechnic has a couple of small controllers that might fit the bill here, they are available on Thomann for not much money.
https://www.steinigke.de/en/mpn70064515-eurolite-dmx-move-controller-512.html
https://www.steinigke.de/en/mpn70064516-eurolite-dmx-move-controller-512-pro.html

In a strange coincidence this line also carries the "Eurolite" series name... :o

The Move Controller 512 is also marketed by Blizzard Lighting as the ProControl MH.

Daniel Levi

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2021, 04:46:08 PM »

Steinigke Showtechnic has a couple of small controllers that might fit the bill here, they are available on Thomann for not much money.
https://www.steinigke.de/en/mpn70064515-eurolite-dmx-move-controller-512.html
https://www.steinigke.de/en/mpn70064516-eurolite-dmx-move-controller-512-pro.html

In a strange coincidence this line also carries the "Eurolite" series name... :o

The Move Controller 512 is also marketed by Blizzard Lighting as the ProControl MH.

Different company AFAIK. Plus Behringer spell it Eurolight.
I do know that some of the cheaper controllers can be had under many different brand names, I know when I had my Stairville (Thomann own brand, interestingly Stair Village is the English translation of Treppendorf, the village where Thomann is located) DMX Master I it was recommended that the manual for one under a different barnd name was used because it was better written.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2021, 07:17:32 PM »

Wonder if Behringer has GrandMa or Jands on their radar for a future purchase? Now that they sell movers they're going to need to sell a controller. There's a lot of money to be made in lighting.

There is indeed, especially considering that lighting has yet to have an "X32 revolution" similar to what digital mixers got back around 2012.  The question though is if Behringer can really break into the professional lighting market.  Despite ETC being the golden standard for theatrical cuing they've failed multiple times to get a footing in the busking market - Cobalt being the most recent attempt - prior to just buying the Hog4 product line outright.  Can Behringer do what ETC could not?  10 years ago I'd say never, but after seeing the impact of the X32 I'd say there's a chance!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2021, 07:17:32 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.