ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ubiquiti Rabbit Hole  (Read 1188 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Ubiquiti Rabbit Hole
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 10:37:49 AM »

Not having to use the switch would be better for some but it actually comes in handy for me.
I have a 19" rack mounted switch in my 4u rack with the AE, Ubiquiti power supply and my lighting DMX/Ethernet dongle all mounted and connected. I bring all those RJ45 cables through to the front of the rack and connect. This is helpful because I transport my mixer in a separate rack and once positioned in place, I have easy access through the switch ports to the devices in the rack to connect the mixer.
I did use a couple of different Linksys routers early on (older models now for sure) before the AE and had some issues with dropout etc. I started using the AE on the advice of a forum member a good few years ago and it has been very reliable other than lacking the distance that the Ubiquiti gives me.
When they were discontinued, I grabbed 2 more refurbished. I use one set up in our rehearsal room and the other I keep in my gigging bag as a spare. 
Also I found the AE's to have much easier configuration software than the Linksys/Cisco routers.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 07:47:34 AM »

I know I have at least one older router around the house?  As I remember it is a Netgear, will check and get it ready Frank!  I guess my Ubiquiti is coming Thursday.  I am out of town this weekend, but will hit it hard come Monday.  Thanks again!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 07:47:34 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 25 queries.