ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HME RW800 Wireless Intercom  (Read 877 times)

Doug Dessero

HME RW800 Wireless Intercom
« on: January 28, 2021, 11:40:31 AM »

Is it possible to change TX and RX frequencies on an HME RW800 wireless PL base station and beltpacks?  I don't have a manual.
I want to purchase some additional beltpacks, I currently have 2, the system will take 4 and they won't receive the current bases station TX freq.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: HME RW800 Wireless Intercom
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 01:17:47 PM »

Is it possible to change TX and RX frequencies on an HME RW800 wireless PL base station and beltpacks?  I don't have a manual.
I want to purchase some additional beltpacks, I currently have 2, the system will take 4 and they won't receive the current bases station TX freq.

It's possible, but the aggravation and expense is not worth it, especially for an old and spectrally inefficient product as the System 800. A real RF bench tech would have to do the surgery.

You would need new crystals for the packs and base, which are custom made these days and about a three month lead time (I actually just had to get crystals made for a client's Marti transmitter). You would also need to change a couple of the capacitor and inductor values in the resonator sections based on the frequency change, then perform and RF alignment.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Doug Dessero

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 08:47:57 PM »

It's possible, but the aggravation and expense is not worth it, especially for an old and spectrally inefficient product as the System 800. A real RF bench tech would have to do the surgery.

You would need new crystals for the packs and base, which are custom made these days and about a three month lead time (I actually just had to get crystals made for a client's Marti transmitter). You would also need to change a couple of the capacitor and inductor values in the resonator sections based on the frequency change, then perform and RF alignment.

Thanks Henry,  I thought that might be the case.  I was hoping they were more frequency agile.

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 01:49:53 PM »

there are dozens available on eBay - systems for <$300...some may have the freqs you want
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 01:49:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.