ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ease Focus GLLs?  (Read 360 times)

Jeff M Hague

Ease Focus GLLs?
« on: January 26, 2021, 02:43:57 pm »

Hey folks!
I am playing around with Ease Focus but cant find .GLL files for the QSC KLA181or the JBL VRX900 series speakers. The KLA12 is included with the download but it looks like you can only model 2 boxes.
Am I missing something?
Thanks!
Jeff

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Ease Focus GLLs?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 04:12:54 pm »

Hey folks!
I am playing around with Ease Focus but cant find .GLL files for the QSC KLA181or the JBL VRX900 series speakers. The KLA12 is included with the download but it looks like you can only model 2 boxes.
Am I missing something?
Thanks!

Sometimes the files are not where you think they are....

https://jblpro.com/en-US/site_elements/vrx900-series-ease-dll
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Jeff M Hague

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 05:27:40 pm »

Sometimes the files are not where you think they are....

https://jblpro.com/en-US/site_elements/vrx900-series-ease-dll

I do have that. It will not import into Ease Focus. I think that is for 1 of the other Ease products.
Thanks
Jeff

Bill Meeks

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 06:59:45 pm »

I do have that. It will not import into Ease Focus. I think that is for 1 of the other Ease products.
Thanks

GLL files come in two flavors. If the speaker vendor pays a license fee to the EASE folks, then they can produce GLL files that work with the free EASE Focus software. That's how the EASE folks "give away" EASE Focus for nothing -- they are having the speaker vendors pay the fee through licensing the special GLL files for Focus. For the paid EASE product (the super expensive one), speaker vendors can produce GLL files and distribute them to users for free because the EASE folks are getting their money directly from the users via their EASE software purchase. So that's why some GLLs work in EASE Focus and others do not. Some speaker vendors are better than others at making the distinction when posting GLL files. You can also look at the chart on the EASE Focus web site that shows supported brands and whether the file is included in the EASE Focus database or if you obtain it from the vendor's site.

As for QSC KLA stuff, you can model as many boxes as you want (so long as you don't violate the max capacity values of an array specified by QSC). You can click the "Box Count" drop-down to add additional boxes to an array. To model KLA181 boxes, insert a KLA12 array, then in the System Setup section where you specify the pull-back option, you can choose KLA181 or KLA12 with either the rear or front pull option. If you choose KLA181, then in the area down below where you do array shading and such, you can select which box is a sub and which is a top in the array.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 09:50:17 am by Bill Meeks »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 06:59:45 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.