ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JTS UF-20 versus Senn/Shure?  (Read 1915 times)

Alex Cheng

JTS UF-20 versus Senn/Shure?
« on: January 25, 2021, 02:28:49 PM »

As part of a larger overhaul, my venue is replacing their aging wireless system (3 channels of Shure SLX handhelds/headsets) with something more modern. I'd initially pushed for Shure ULX-D considering their growing needs; however, they're currently considering the JTS US-20 series for cost reasons. Admittedly, I'm unfamiliar with JTS' reputation and quality; the most I've heard is that their microphone capsules themselves aren't that great.

How does the JTS UF-20 system compare in practice to something like Shure QLXD/ULXD (perhaps SLXD, even) or a Senn G4 system, assuming all systems are fitted with identical capsules?

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
Re: JTS UF-20 versus Senn/Shure?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 04:02:26 PM »

I'd never heard of JTS, but with only one distributor (Italian Speaker Imports) in the states, I'd hate to imagine the wait time trying to get replacement parts and repairs.  That's presuming that you are in the USA.
This space for rent

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 05:48:44 PM »

If your looking for a wireless alternative maybe take a look at MiPro.

https://avlex.com/product_categories/1-wireless_microphone_systems/

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 04:53:33 AM »

JTS is proper POS.
Mipro on the other hand have decent performance and if you put on some mic capsules you like, it can be rather nice for a small system.
I don't like their stock capsules FWIW.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 08:10:43 PM »

JTS is proper POS.
Mipro on the other hand have decent performance and if you put on some mic capsules you like, it can be rather nice for a small system.
I don't like their stock capsules FWIW.

We picked up the JTS dealership when we bought our FBT line array from ISI.  I would not call it a total PoS, it has it's place, the IEM's more than the mic's.  I have not had an issue getting parts and ISI is very responsive.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Alex Cheng

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 02:55:29 AM »

We picked up the JTS dealership when we bought our FBT line array from ISI.  I would not call it a total PoS, it has it's place, the IEM's more than the mic's.  I have not had an issue getting parts and ISI is very responsive.

Interesting, Scott - where would you say that place is? Have you had a chance to shoot out the JTS mics against the more typical Shure/Sennheiser lines? My own research across both PSW and other communities has found few results from people who've used JTS regularly - some claim that they're the OEM manufacturer for other wireless brands, but I have not been able to confirm that.

Daniel Levi

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 06:38:57 AM »

some claim that they're the OEM manufacturer for other wireless brands, but I have not been able to confirm that.

I wonder who thy would be the OEM for, AFAIK the only companies I've known to do wireless for other companies are, Trantec who did some of the Beyerdynamic models, the Sennheiser Freeport and various other smaller brands, dB Technologies of which I have seen one of their systems with the Beyerdynamic badge on it and MiPro who were the OEM for the previous line of Beyerdynamic wireless systems and who have done some of the better own brand Thomann systems.   

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 02:59:49 AM »

Interesting, Scott - where would you say that place is? Have you had a chance to shoot out the JTS mics against the more typical Shure/Sennheiser lines? My own research across both PSW and other communities has found few results from people who've used JTS regularly - some claim that they're the OEM manufacturer for other wireless brands, but I have not been able to confirm that.

I would say below the Mid range Shure and Senny lines and above the vocapro crap.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 07:56:48 PM »

I would say below the Mid range Shure and Senny lines and above the vocapro crap.

Any wireless mic that functions is above the Vocopro crap!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 07:56:48 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.