Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Audio Measurement and Testing

Roland Octacapture problem.

<< < (2/2)

Helge A Bentsen:

--- Quote from: Helge A Bentsen on January 26, 2021, 04:56:44 AM ---Different from the one on the front panel?
I rarely use the control panel, usually operate it from the front panel. I have tested turning phantom on/off on all channels, works as it should on all ch except #2.

--- End quote ---

I had a look inside with a DVM. There is connection from the xlr connector down to the circuit board, and the solder points look okay, so the chassis connector is probably okay. But I'm not getting phantom on the pins on input #2 so I suspect it's a component failure on the board.
It's beyond my skills and tools to repair something on a SMD board, I guess #2 just became "upgraded" to my ref input.

Pete Erskine:

--- Quote from: Helge A Bentsen on January 26, 2021, 04:56:44 AM ---Different from the one on the front panel?
I rarely use the control panel, usually operate it from the front panel. I have tested turning phantom on/off on all channels, works as it should on all ch except #2.

--- End quote ---

yes different

Helge A Bentsen:

--- Quote from: Pete Erskine on January 26, 2021, 02:56:16 PM ---yes different

--- End quote ---

Where?

There is one per input in the controller and on the front panel, AFAIKWO they appear to do the same thing when I operate them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version