ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC K-Tote Bags - machine washable ?  (Read 863 times)

Mal Brown

QSC K-Tote Bags - machine washable ?
« on: January 17, 2021, 10:11:51 pm »

I have 11 of the things and some of them are nasty after years of abuse.Several got bathed in drywall dust during our remodel... bought my dry wall guy a zip wall setup and being a knucklehead, he decided not to use it in one critical space...

Anyway, what say ye hive mind ?
Bass player, sound guy.
Fb Gorge Sound and Light
WillyandNelson.com

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: QSC K-Tote Bags - machine washable ?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 10:27:55 pm »

Back when a fire extinguisher went off in my van I threw all sorts of things in the washing machine to clean off the mess...  QSC covers, Tuki covers, Cloud 9 covers, a Mackie mixer bag...it all came out fine.  I used cold with a bit of detergent followed by tumble dry on low heat.  Seemingly no harm done! 

Mal Brown

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 12:53:17 am »

Back when a fire extinguisher went off in my van I threw all sorts of things in the washing machine to clean off the mess...  QSC covers, Tuki covers, Cloud 9 covers, a Mackie mixer bag...it all came out fine.  I used cold with a bit of detergent followed by tumble dry on low heat.  Seemingly no harm done!

Man that must have been exciting!

Thanks for sharing!
Bass player, sound guy.
Fb Gorge Sound and Light
WillyandNelson.com

Bob Stone

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 11:41:16 am »

I'd probably skip the dryer for them, they're snug as is and I wouldn't want them to shrink (though they shouldn't given the material), but wouldn't risk it.

QSC support is really good, so you could give them a shout and ask what they recommend for cleaning.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 12:28:42 pm »

I'd take them to a laundromat with one of the big commercial excretion machines and do it there. You can probably get the bulk of the drywall dust off with compressed air.

I'd say put them in the sun to dry but. . .
Bad Quail
Sound + Light
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealers for all this stuff

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 10:48:49 pm »

I have 11 of the things and some of them are nasty after years of abuse.Several got bathed in drywall dust during our remodel... bought my dry wall guy a zip wall setup and being a knucklehead, he decided not to use it in one critical space...

If it were me, I'd choose a nice day (depends on where you are located this time of year), hose them down with the garden hose and let them dry outside. I find if I use the nozzle for a pressure spray, it can remove all kinds....I'd also rig some simple framing ( wood offcuts, PVC pipe etc) to put inside them while they dry to prevent shrinking.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 11:12:10 pm »

I'd take them to a laundromat with one of the big commercial excretion machines and do it there.

Thatís what I did with mine - got all of them in the same load too.  It cost like 7 or 8 dollars but well worth the convenience plus not destroying my own washer.

I honestly didnít notice any shrinking on anything with the tumble dry on low (even the QSC covers which are the tightest), and also much better than hauling home probably 50 pounds of wet covers!

Mal Brown

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 01:31:37 pm »

If it were me, I'd choose a nice day (depends on where you are located this time of year), hose them down with the garden hose and let them dry outside. I find if I use the nozzle for a pressure spray, it can remove all kinds....I'd also rig some simple framing ( wood offcuts, PVC pipe etc) to put inside them while they dry to prevent shrinking.

Up here in the Cascade range of the Great North Wet...  drying outside isn't happening...

I'm doing them 1 at a time in the washer on a gently clean.  Air dry drier cycle which is basically a spin only heat.  Hanging them in a spare shower.   I think the first is dry enough to test...  will see about the shrinkage.
Bass player, sound guy.
Fb Gorge Sound and Light
WillyandNelson.com

Jay Marr

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 11:14:21 am »

Up here in the Cascade range of the Great North Wet...  drying outside isn't happening...

I'm doing them 1 at a time in the washer on a gently clean.  Air dry drier cycle which is basically a spin only heat.  Hanging them in a spare shower.   I think the first is dry enough to test...  will see about the shrinkage.

I've washed covers before in the bathtub.  Fill it up with soapy water, and just did the best i could to clean them in there.  I figured it would do the least amount of damage (in case one got caught up in the washing machine).

Air dry as well.

Came out decent.

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 11:14:21 am ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.