ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looks like someone is making noise at the Racetrack!!!!  (Read 2835 times)

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
Looks like someone is making noise at the Racetrack!!!!
« on: January 16, 2021, 05:31:52 PM »

So a channel I watch quite regularly has been doing upgrades to an old racetrack. They just got a hold of a system that is quite popular on the forum. Way to go!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtZtBg1tVZI
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Looks like someone is making noise at the Racetrack!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 06:07:37 PM »

So a channel I watch quite regularly has been doing upgrades to an old racetrack. They just got a hold of a system that is quite popular on the forum. Way to go!!!

Kinda wondering what all the amps are for. Four OS80 speakers, 12 channels of Powersoft amps. Whaaaat?

Mac

Luis_Marquez

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 12:23:12 AM »

Also been following for a couple of years. I saw them race at the last LS Fest in Las Vegas. Super awesome guys. Doesn’t surprise me they got great gear for the track.

Mac, my only guess for the extra channels are for future expansion or additional coverage areas. Maybe some subs 😉

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 01:31:34 AM »

Praise Dale, raise hell!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 09:53:49 AM »

Hahaha

I just watched the video and one of the comments was "his sound guys look like sound guys"! lol.

I am actually really glad that he is a popular youtuber and he is showing all the behind the scenes stuff to put together even a humble little sports facility. What it takes to run it, how much money is sunk into it, and why ticket prices need to be what they are. After watching all of these videos people can see all the blood, sweat, and tears that goes in to one of these places.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 10:26:34 AM »

Mac, my only guess for the extra channels are for future expansion or additional coverage areas. Maybe some subs 😉

Or maybe to run existing speakers, in the background there is what looks like some Community speakers
on poles.

As a side note Community is now owned by BiAmp and has rebranded Powersoft amps as Community loaded with Community presets.

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 07:35:37 AM »

Kinda wondering what all the amps are for. Four OS80 speakers, 12 channels of Powersoft amps. Whaaaat?

Mac

I said the same thing. The OS80 is only rated for 400w continuous, so there's definitely no reason to bridge or parallel the amps into fewer channels. Maybe there are other speakers around the facility that they are using the 8 extra channels for? I assume they have their reasons.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 11:06:28 AM »

I said the same thing. The OS80 is only rated for 400w continuous, so there's definitely no reason to bridge or parallel the amps into fewer channels. Maybe there are other speakers around the facility that they are using the 8 extra channels for? I assume they have their reasons.

Since right now this facility is mostly for "parting with cars" and not actually racing, I'm guessing they will pull some lines down to the infield for some dj stacks that can be put up whenever they do dumb stuff.

That and running the existing horns and probably ceiling speakers around the venue. They kinda oversold them on the amps if that's the case, but if they don't buy an extra dsp, I can understand sticking with those amps for everything.

When I got to the church I currently work, they were double sold dsp in two different venues. It happens a lot. We had itechs for power and a media matrix for control of a very simple system.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 10:42:42 PM »

When I got to the church I currently work, they were double sold dsp in two different venues. It happens a lot. We had itechs for power and a media matrix for control of a very simple system.

Slight topic swerve - DSP types and locations. 

DSP used to mean - speaker processing.  Think older XTA, Dolby Lake, DriveRacks, etc.  Today DSP can mean 'Digital Speaker Processing', which is the digital version of analog speaker processing (crossovers, delay, EQ, etc) such as what is in Powersoft, Linea, Lab, etc amps.  Or it can mean 'Digital System Processor', which happens to have Speaker Processing as a tiny sliver of the overall System Processing, such as QSys. 

Gazing from a distance toward Tim's 'Digital Crystal Ball', it seems to me that Speaker Processing makes the most sense tied to the amplifier (whether inside the box or rack mounted), while System Processing makes the most sense tied to IT and wiring infrastructure.  Thus the large QSys ecosystem handles all the routing, control, video, etc - and externally controls the Speaker Processing which is now inside the amplifiers.   
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 12:58:05 AM »

Slight topic swerve - DSP types and locations. 

DSP used to mean - speaker processing.  Think older XTA, Dolby Lake, DriveRacks, etc.  Today DSP can mean 'Digital Speaker Processing', which is the digital version of analog speaker processing (crossovers, delay, EQ, etc) such as what is in Powersoft, Linea, Lab, etc amps.  Or it can mean 'Digital System Processor', which happens to have Speaker Processing as a tiny sliver of the overall System Processing, such as QSys. 

Gazing from a distance toward Tim's 'Digital Crystal Ball', it seems to me that Speaker Processing makes the most sense tied to the amplifier (whether inside the box or rack mounted), while System Processing makes the most sense tied to IT and wiring infrastructure.  Thus the large QSys ecosystem handles all the routing, control, video, etc - and externally controls the Speaker Processing which is now inside the amplifiers.   

Just to clarify, both of the venues where we were "double sold" dsp it was strictly being used for speaker processing and fill and delay cabs. Nothing fancy, and the itechs have more than enough dsp to get the job done. The Media Matrix was basically doing a 4 in 6 out setup (all Danley) and running basic HP, EQ, and time alignment.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 12:58:05 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.