ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF ND850 Drivers Horn  (Read 4477 times)

Danraj Beharry

Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 06:25:43 PM »

The LA-WG14 is not really a "horn", it is a phase plug extension that normally would have an external waveguide attached- it is not designed to be used without a waveguide.

Glad you cleared that up dude, I was under the impression that all I needed to do was bolt it onto the driver and then mount it with the speakers lol.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 08:12:34 AM »

Hmm I understand what you're saying Art and I've decided I'll keep with the HF64 Horn. If I'm being honest I just looked at the Eminemce horn maybe because it's price was half the cost of the RCF horn, but I would rather pay a bit more for the better option :).

Well, cheaper HF horns are available.

I have a lot of experience with the RCF HF94 horn, which I find excellent. Good dispersion control, easy to get sounding nice. If the HF64 suits your requirements, I'd say go for it.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Danraj Beharry

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2021, 07:35:42 PM »

Well, cheaper HF horns are available.

I have a lot of experience with the RCF HF94 horn, which I find excellent. Good dispersion control, easy to get sounding nice. If the HF64 suits your requirements, I'd say go for it.

Chris

Hey Chris, I honestly chose the HF64 because it has a narrower dispersion than the HF94. So I'm guessing the HF64 would project the sound further than the HF94? Soon I'll do away with the 8G40 and 8mi100 and use a pair of RCF 10's (not sure which one as yet, I would gladly take any advice on this) to sorta keep up with the drivers. As of now it's too much speakers to move around with lol. Would rather just move around a pair of 10's and drivers which would sound pretty good together.

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
Dispersion
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2021, 01:38:00 PM »

Hey Chris, I honestly chose the HF64 because it has a narrower dispersion than the HF94. So I'm guessing the HF64 would project the sound further than the HF94?
Sound drops at 6 dB per doubling of distance (inverse distance law), regardless of the dispersion of the source.
A 60 degree horn of the same "family" will be 2-3 dB more sensitive on axis than a 90 degree, so can use less power to achieve the same level over a more narrow (smaller) area of coverage.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
Re: RCF ND850 Drivers Horn
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2021, 11:52:09 AM »

Speakerworks makes under-dash horns for car audio use. They sell them in a kit with 1" CD's. As far as I know, they're the only company to have done this, but they've been doing it a couple decades.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Danraj Beharry

Re: Dispersion
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2021, 07:25:01 PM »

Sound drops at 6 dB per doubling of distance (inverse distance law), regardless of the dispersion of the source.
A 60 degree horn of the same "family" will be 2-3 dB more sensitive on axis than a 90 degree, so can use less power to achieve the same level over a more narrow (smaller) area of coverage.

Well, I reached a " dead end " the HF64 and HF94.... I seem to can't find it to buy in the US. Do you any alternative to these horns to work with the ND850 1.4" driver ? 

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Dispersion
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2021, 07:25:01 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.