ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q-SYS forum options?  (Read 3744 times)

Mark Wilkinson

Q-SYS forum options?
« on: January 03, 2021, 02:24:15 PM »

Are there any good q-sys forums out there besides fbook super users....??
thx

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: Q-SYS forum options?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 02:40:39 PM »

Are there any good q-sys forums out there besides fbook super users....??
thx

There used to be one hosed by TAG if I recall, but that has more or less moved to the Facebook group.   I personally hate the format of the Facebook group for the sole reason that the Facebook search is utter rubbish and I can never find things I know are out there.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 04:23:20 PM »

There used to be one hosed by TAG if I recall, but that has more or less moved to the Facebook group.   I personally hate the format of the Facebook group for the sole reason that the Facebook search is utter rubbish and I can never find things I know are out there.

Thank you David,
That's my gripe too...can't search for dick.

Maybe i should just ask here, a hopefully simple question...

I'm trying to core-to-core stream from a QLAN TX transmitter on a 110f, to both another 110f and a 500i.
No other core-to-core network flows.  All 3 cores running 8.4.0.

QLAN transmits fine to either core's RX receiver, but only one core at a time.
When trying to transmit to two cores, one will work and one will go into fault : LAN A Connection Failure (PTP Grandmaster Mismatch)
I've tried different cores as the transmitter, but same thing happens... one core will receive, one will fault. (all different RX receiver names...Dynamic naming ON for everything)

All 3 PTPv2 Domains are at default 0, and all the cores show Grandmaster to be whichever core's PTP Priority 1 is set lowest numerical value.
I don't get any Clock Offset times looking at the Core's Status fields.
All other fields in Design Properties are as provided by default...
So, i guess the Grandmaster clock part appears to be OK...

I dunno, some kind of user error that's beyond my meager understandings so far...

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 01:45:06 AM »

Thank you David,
That's my gripe too...can't search for dick.

Maybe i should just ask here, a hopefully simple question...

I'm trying to core-to-core stream from a QLAN TX transmitter on a 110f, to both another 110f and a 500i.
No other core-to-core network flows.  All 3 cores running 8.4.0.

QLAN transmits fine to either core's RX receiver, but only one core at a time.
When trying to transmit to two cores, one will work and one will go into fault : LAN A Connection Failure (PTP Grandmaster Mismatch)
I've tried different cores as the transmitter, but same thing happens... one core will receive, one will fault. (all different RX receiver names...Dynamic naming ON for everything)

All 3 PTPv2 Domains are at default 0, and all the cores show Grandmaster to be whichever core's PTP Priority 1 is set lowest numerical value.
I don't get any Clock Offset times looking at the Core's Status fields.
All other fields in Design Properties are as provided by default...
So, i guess the Grandmaster clock part appears to be OK...

I dunno, some kind of user error that's beyond my meager understandings so far...

I haven’t done much core to core streaming so I can’t help you there.  FWIW the FB group is THE place to go for community support. If you’re programming Q-Sys it really is something you should be in on.  Lots of super knowledgeable people there.  Probably get your problem sorted right quick.

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 09:06:57 AM »

I haven’t done much core to core streaming so I can’t help you there.  FWIW the FB group is THE place to go for community support. If you’re programming Q-Sys it really is something you should be in on.  Lots of super knowledgeable people there.  Probably get your problem sorted right quick.

Thanks Erik,
Great to hear the FB group has that kind of quality participation.  Man, i wish i didn't dislike FB so much.....

I woke in the middle of the night realizing I didn't even know what kind of streams QLAN TX and RX are....unicast, broadcast, or multicast?
Those were new terms to me, that i stumbled on yesterday trying to learn a little about network troubleshooting.

Anyway, I'm guess the answer is unicast, because i just added a second TX transmitter to the sending core,
and now both receiving cores work fine (each receiving a separate TX)

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 09:21:57 AM »

Thanks Erik,
Great to hear the FB group has that kind of quality participation.  Man, i wish i didn't dislike FB so much.....

I woke in the middle of the night realizing I didn't even know what kind of streams QLAN TX and RX are....unicast, broadcast, or multicast?
Those were new terms to me, that i stumbled on yesterday trying to learn a little about network troubleshooting.

Anyway, I'm guess the answer is unicast, because i just added a second TX transmitter to the sending core,
and now both receiving cores work fine (each receiving a separate TX)

Hi Mark,
Yes you are correct that Q-lan is unicast, so you do indeed need multiple Qlan transmitters to multiple destinations. I have struggled to get core to core streaming working properly without much fuss, so I have always done core to core via dante(which has worked flawlessly). It’s comes for free (8x8) on the 110f and will soon be released (supposedly last month) for the 510i and 5200 cores.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 12:35:44 PM »

Hi Mark,
Yes you are correct that Q-lan is unicast, so you do indeed need multiple Qlan transmitters to multiple destinations. I have struggled to get core to core streaming working properly without much fuss, so I have always done core to core via dante(which has worked flawlessly). It’s comes for free (8x8) on the 110f and will soon be released (supposedly last month) for the 510i and 5200 cores.

Hi David,

Yes, I might purchase the Dante licenses for my 110f's...for sure if core-to-core streaming acts up. 
My pair of 110f's have been streaming without glitch for about a year, .....we'll see what happens with the addition of the 500i.

But i think core streaming will probably work OK, because i don't have much going on network-wise, other than usual i/o frames and CXDQ's.
For me q-sys has been for hobby experimenting with speaker building.... being able to Snapshot test alot of tunings easily, and compare different speakers/setups side by side. 
Don't laugh, but the only reason I just got a used 500i on the cheap, was to get the processing power needed for bigger FIR files.

As in, here's 3 different synergy builds currently being assessed against each other.
So really, nothing critical going on...almost feels inappropriate at times to ask for help, since it's all just for hobby.
Thx again!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 12:35:44 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.