Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

Q-SYS forum options?

(1/2) > >>

Mark Wilkinson:
Are there any good q-sys forums out there besides fbook super users....??
thx

David Sturzenbecher:

--- Quote from: Mark Wilkinson on January 03, 2021, 02:24:15 PM ---Are there any good q-sys forums out there besides fbook super users....??
thx

--- End quote ---

There used to be one hosed by TAG if I recall, but that has more or less moved to the Facebook group.   I personally hate the format of the Facebook group for the sole reason that the Facebook search is utter rubbish and I can never find things I know are out there.

Mark Wilkinson:

--- Quote from: David Sturzenbecher on January 03, 2021, 02:40:39 PM ---There used to be one hosed by TAG if I recall, but that has more or less moved to the Facebook group.   I personally hate the format of the Facebook group for the sole reason that the Facebook search is utter rubbish and I can never find things I know are out there.

--- End quote ---

Thank you David,
That's my gripe too...can't search for dick.

Maybe i should just ask here, a hopefully simple question...

I'm trying to core-to-core stream from a QLAN TX transmitter on a 110f, to both another 110f and a 500i.
No other core-to-core network flows.  All 3 cores running 8.4.0.

QLAN transmits fine to either core's RX receiver, but only one core at a time.
When trying to transmit to two cores, one will work and one will go into fault : LAN A Connection Failure (PTP Grandmaster Mismatch)
I've tried different cores as the transmitter, but same thing happens... one core will receive, one will fault. (all different RX receiver names...Dynamic naming ON for everything)

All 3 PTPv2 Domains are at default 0, and all the cores show Grandmaster to be whichever core's PTP Priority 1 is set lowest numerical value.
I don't get any Clock Offset times looking at the Core's Status fields.
All other fields in Design Properties are as provided by default...
So, i guess the Grandmaster clock part appears to be OK...

I dunno, some kind of user error that's beyond my meager understandings so far...

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: Mark Wilkinson on January 03, 2021, 04:23:20 PM ---Thank you David,
That's my gripe too...can't search for dick.

Maybe i should just ask here, a hopefully simple question...

I'm trying to core-to-core stream from a QLAN TX transmitter on a 110f, to both another 110f and a 500i.
No other core-to-core network flows.  All 3 cores running 8.4.0.

QLAN transmits fine to either core's RX receiver, but only one core at a time.
When trying to transmit to two cores, one will work and one will go into fault : LAN A Connection Failure (PTP Grandmaster Mismatch)
I've tried different cores as the transmitter, but same thing happens... one core will receive, one will fault. (all different RX receiver names...Dynamic naming ON for everything)

All 3 PTPv2 Domains are at default 0, and all the cores show Grandmaster to be whichever core's PTP Priority 1 is set lowest numerical value.
I don't get any Clock Offset times looking at the Core's Status fields.
All other fields in Design Properties are as provided by default...
So, i guess the Grandmaster clock part appears to be OK...

I dunno, some kind of user error that's beyond my meager understandings so far...

--- End quote ---

I haven’t done much core to core streaming so I can’t help you there.  FWIW the FB group is THE place to go for community support. If you’re programming Q-Sys it really is something you should be in on.  Lots of super knowledgeable people there.  Probably get your problem sorted right quick.

Mark Wilkinson:

--- Quote from: Erik Jerde on January 04, 2021, 01:45:06 AM ---I haven’t done much core to core streaming so I can’t help you there.  FWIW the FB group is THE place to go for community support. If you’re programming Q-Sys it really is something you should be in on.  Lots of super knowledgeable people there.  Probably get your problem sorted right quick.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Erik,
Great to hear the FB group has that kind of quality participation.  Man, i wish i didn't dislike FB so much.....

I woke in the middle of the night realizing I didn't even know what kind of streams QLAN TX and RX are....unicast, broadcast, or multicast?
Those were new terms to me, that i stumbled on yesterday trying to learn a little about network troubleshooting.

Anyway, I'm guess the answer is unicast, because i just added a second TX transmitter to the sending core,
and now both receiving cores work fine (each receiving a separate TX)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version