ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap lights that might be worth it  (Read 1363 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Cheap lights that might be worth it
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2020, 11:58:28 pm »

If you want to spend over $ 50, this would be a better choice (9 x 10) for $ 59.99, and I have used a bunch of these in very adverse conditions:  https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=612749&gclid=CjwKCAjwi6TYBRAYEiwAOeH7GVE1DOCa2NsnNDGG-2Yr2bdOl0267kDsG-PWCmH6haFtgkkaD-0WHBoCvIkQAvD_BwE

Again, I don't need the higher output, and some others do not as well.

I have 12 like this and they are very bright, smooth dimming and inexpensive. Been using them for years.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

duane massey

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2020, 12:16:52 am »

For the intended purpose, they are just fine!  Yes, they are cheap, which means you can have light and even have enough budget left over for proper control.  This light 10 year ago would have cost 10X as much without all of the bells and whistles.  It's amazing how technology has advanced.
Yes, in almost all aspects of what we do. I still remember the 70/80's and can't believe what we would go thru for a one-night gig. Glad I did it, but never again.
I now appreciate the ability to set up very little gear and play music.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Mal Brown

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 01:22:32 am »

I have 18 pf the Monoprice 9x10 LED pars and they've been great.  I have had to re-epoxy several of the mounting bracket inserts over time.. Easy enough and on the job, a tie wrap does the trick. For me they've been great.
Bass player, sound guy.
Fb Gorge Sound and Light
WillyandNelson.com

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 01:21:00 pm »

Yes, in almost all aspects of what we do. I still remember the 70/80's and can't believe what we would go thru for a one-night gig. Glad I did it, but never again.
I now appreciate the ability to set up very little gear and play music.

Ugh. I got started with "real" gigging in the 90's and we were bringing 36k of 1K pars plus 2 ACL bars and 2-4 crowd lights (500w halogen floods) for a club show. This was in conjunction with the 4 (Showco SS1's) over 3 (homemade 218's) per side PA. 2 full size consoles, 12 wedges, fully multipinned 200ft split snake with transformers. All in an overloaded 24 foot ex-ryder box truck. We did it with the guys and no AC in Texas.

I'm so glad that shit is over.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 01:21:00 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.