ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thermal limiter: why not based on RMS current?  (Read 6673 times)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
Re: Thermal limiter: why not based on RMS current?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2021, 07:16:37 AM »

That was perhaps a little before my time, and definitely from a different engineering group.

My guess is that it was a Peavey version, of some other companies respected product. The transducer group didn't do much of their own electronic circuit design so that was probably inspired by some other companies existing design. I don't know what was inside.

Did the Peavey HDH system incorporate any thermal limiting? Or was that more of a servo feedback sort of thing? I remember it being likened to a Meyer system a the time.

Steve.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 03:18:32 AM by Steve M Smith »

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2021, 06:10:29 PM »

Did the Peavey HDH system incorporate any thermal limiting? Or was that more of a servo feedback sort of thing? I remember it being likened to a Meyer system a the time.

Steve.

I had 2 types of those for a very short time. One ( again way back cloudy memory ) was a generic Sub ,Mid and Top type. DSC Sub or something like that.  Like others have mentioned there was a sense line that measured , I'm guessing , the voltage coming from the speaker and moved the crossover point and I think some limiting. Any 1/4 inch speaker cable would work. I had my SP2's and subs on it.   The other one was for a Horn,Mid-High,Sub system. I remember 4 22A horn drivers in the top. A 12 inch or 10 inch midrange and 2-18 sub using a slight Manifold arrangement. There was pre made cables that went with the system.  I know those in my area who had them and drove them hard still burned a lot of speakers but if you just flickered the lights on them I could run the system for days without an issue.  I think they really increased the RMS value if you were out pushing hard for a long time.

Douglas R. Allen

A quick look and I found the DSC Series 23 and HDH I had.

https://peavey.com/manuals/80300823.pdf

https://manualzz.com/doc/4628752/peavey-dynamic-system-controller-series-hdh-owner-manual

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2021, 06:10:29 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.