ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a Lighting Software that allows you to remove a fixture from a button?  (Read 1664 times)

brad rickard

With the 2 dmx lighting softwares that I’m familiar, Lightkey (Mac) and Enlighten (PC), neither seems to have this ability.  With either software I select several fixtures, set the lights the way I want them, then create a button.  But after that point, let’s say I want to take one or more of those fixtures back out; or maybe I included fixtures I shouldn’t have, such as the house lights.  From everything I’ve tried, this isn’t possible, and my only option is to delete the button and start over, and this time select the right fixtures.  Does anyone know how this might be achieved?  Most all editing softwares, audio or otherwise, allow you to edit something like this after the fact and add to it or remove from it, but not these softwares?  I’m not sure if this isn’t possible due to the ad-hoc nature of a dmx network; but even if that’s the case, the software could still be designed to remember the fixtures you put in and allow you to deselect and remove which ones you choose.  The worst part is that this means you can’t copy a button and alter the duplicate, which is basically my workflow in basically any other kind of editing software.  Anyone with knowledge or advice on this subject will be greatly appreciated!                   (p.s. I realize Lightkey has the ability to set presets seperately then add them afterward to a blank button, which tends to be a much longer process than just setting the lights and creating a button and includes a lot more editing to get the scene to look right; the only upside is that when you do this, each preset can be removed from the button’s contents, but this still doesn’t solve removing a single fixture if you had more than one fixture in your presets.  Again, any help is appreciated...)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 08:33:18 AM by bradrickard »

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound

With the 2 dmx lighting softwares that I’m familiar, Lightkey (Mac) and Enlighten (PC), neither seems to have this ability.  With either software I select several fixtures, set the lights the way I want them, then create a button.  But after that point, let’s say I want to take one or more of those fixtures back out; or maybe I included fixtures I shouldn’t have, such as the house lights.  From everything I’ve tried, this isn’t possible, and my only option is to delete the button and start over, and this time select the right fixtures.  Does anyone know how this might be achieved?  Most all editing softwares, audio or otherwise, allow you to edit something like this after the fact and add to it or remove from it, but not these softwares?  I’m not sure if this isn’t possible due to the ad-hoc nature of a dmx network; but even if that’s the case, the software could still be designed to remember the fixtures you put in and allow you to deselect and remove which ones you choose.  The worst part is that this means you can’t copy a button and alter the duplicate, which is basically my workflow in basically any other kind of editing software.  Anyone with knowledge or advice on this subject will be greatly appreciated!                   (p.s. I realize Lightkey has the ability to set presets seperately then add them afterward to a blank button, which tends to be a much longer process than just setting the lights and creating a button and includes a lot more editing to get the scene to look right; the only upside is that when you do this, each preset can be removed from the button’s contents, but this still doesn’t solve removing a single fixture if you had more than one fixture in your presets.  Again, any help is appreciated...)

First, please read and follow the posting rules.  You must change your display name to your real first and last name.  Otherwise, you will be blocked.  Second, this post belongs under the lighting forum.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Is there a Lighting Software that allows you to remove a fixture from a button?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 03:15:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.