Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Console Connectivity Solutions

The new world you didn't know was coming ( Yamaha consoles only)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Miguel Dahl:
This is fantastic.

I just watched the whole thing. However. Am I correct that the screens from the remote console didn't pop up on the local console? For instance. Remote operator opens up EQ window. Did this screen not pop up on the local console, or was this a filter-option? A question related to the "remote instructor-learning" aspect/possibility of the software.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Miguel Dahl on December 29, 2020, 03:04:27 PM ---This is fantastic.

I just watched the whole thing. However. Am I correct that the screens from the remote console didn't pop up on the local console? For instance. Remote operator opens up EQ window. Did this screen not pop up on the local console, or was this a filter-option? A question related to the "remote instructor-learning" aspect/possibility of the software.

--- End quote ---

This is correct. Screen changes on the local console do not change the screen on the remote console and vis versa. This is because screen changes do not generate messages that are sent outside the console. This is true whether you are changing screens with touch screen buttons, or if you're using UDKs to do the same thing.

This falls squarely under the "it's both a bug AND a feature" category. For remote training you'd probably rather have your local screen change the remote screen as well so that your student is seeing exactly what you are doing without needing to do any input on their own. But if you're doing a "two people controlling one console" thing, then this is exactly what you want so that both people can work independently on their own control screen.

I intend to use this tool for training and will likely just include in my workflow ways to have my students push the correct buttons to ensure that they are on the same screen as me and therefore creating muscle memory [as well as making sure they're tracking with me]. I may even just use custom UDK layers so I can just say "push UDK 7 and you should see" whatever I want them to see.

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: brian maddox on December 30, 2020, 12:32:05 PM ---This is correct. Screen changes on the local console do not change the screen on the remote console and vis versa. This is because screen changes do not generate messages that are sent outside the console. This is true whether you are changing screens with touch screen buttons, or if you're using UDKs to do the same thing.

This falls squarely under the "it's both a bug AND a feature" category. For remote training you'd probably rather have your local screen change the remote screen as well so that your student is seeing exactly what you are doing without needing to do any input on their own. But if you're doing a "two people controlling one console" thing, then this is exactly what you want so that both people can work independently on their own control screen.

I intend to use this tool for training and will likely just include in my workflow ways to have my students push the correct buttons to ensure that they are on the same screen as me and therefore creating muscle memory [as well as making sure they're tracking with me]. I may even just use custom UDK layers so I can just say "push UDK 7 and you should see" whatever I want them to see.

--- End quote ---

*I am not a programmer*

Are you "spoofing" the data that would normally travel between the editor and the console? If so the editor has a tick box to change screens or not on the console it's connected to.

I completely admit that I'm a neophyte and this may not be how you are doing it.

Also, I watched the webcast again yesterday. This stuff is very impressive. On my campus I have 3 CL5's and a CL1. I can already see some use for this. Remote mixing in other rooms for sensitive subjects. We have a post-abortion group and a victims of sex crimes group that might be more comfortable if I'm not in the room.

Andrew Broughton:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on December 30, 2020, 02:06:51 PM ---
*I am not a programmer*

Are you "spoofing" the data that would normally travel between the editor and the console? If so the editor has a tick box to change screens or not on the console it's connected to.

I completely admit that I'm a neophyte and this may not be how you are doing it.

Also, I watched the webcast again yesterday. This stuff is very impressive. On my campus I have 3 CL5's and a CL1. I can already see some use for this. Remote mixing in other rooms for sensitive subjects. We have a post-abortion group and a victims of sex crimes group that might be more comfortable if I'm not in the room.

--- End quote ---

The Editor has specific "change to this screen" commands, and I just realized that you can probably set up UDKs to change screens on the remote console if desired.

Contact me at my website if you'd like to learn more, Tim!

David Sturzenbecher:
I haven't watched the whole thing...yet (it's playing in the background as a type)...but can anyone confirm if this is the first true way to have a completely redundant QL/CL system? I could see applications for this with two consoles sitting in immediate proximity of each other (with shared inputs via analog split or dante) simply acting as a primary and backup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version