ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Venice 320 only have sound on right side non coming out of left, any sube?  (Read 3064 times)

Carlos Eche

Newbie here,

Hello all, just picked up a midas Venice 320 and having issues getting sound out of left side. I got monitors working and stereo master right side but non on left. I believe I am missing something and owners manual has no info .  Thank you for your help !

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 01:32:03 PM »

Newbie here,  Thank you for your help !

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound

I'm not trying to insult you and I don't know how experienced you are with mixing consoles. Some consoles come from the factory with every pan control fully panned to the right or to the left.  I've "troubleshot" that problem more than once for customers that were new to mixing.  If the pan control is centered and you still have no left out try swopping the cables connected to the console L/R outputs and see if the problem reverses itself.  If it does, its a bad cable.  Do the meters show signal on the left side?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography

Turn every knob 5-6 times all the way. Press every button 5-6 times. Take a 1/4" cable and plug it in/out of every 1/4" jack on the console 5-6 times, then see if you still have this problem.

Sometimes these things happen when a desk is left to sit unused for too long. And all analog desks are sitting around unused now.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC

Things to check -
1 - Do you have signal on both L & R if you use the tape input? That leaves out the input channels as problems
2 - Do you have signal on both L & R  meters but no output on the Left XLR output? Check your output relays
3 - Do you have output if you put a signal in the insert jack? You have a bad / dirty  insert jack
4 - Do you have the same problem on both A & B outputs?

Download the user manual and study the block diagrams http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/STARINMANUALS/Bosch%20-%20Midas/Archive/Venice%20-%20Short.pdf

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico

The failure of the output relays in the Venice 320 can be a really "interesting" problem.
While going between stage left and right amp racks testing individual portions of my three-way stereo system, had left and right mains randomly stop working. I had had problems with dirty output relays in the amps I was using, and after turning various amps on and off several times, the mains continued to work normally during sound checks and the opening band's set.

During the set change, someone was invited on stage to talk about some upcoming event, the speech became political, the mains cut out. I ran back to the board, expecting someone had pulled the faders down, but they were up, and all the meters and PFL indicated there should be output.

Wasn't until after having the board repaired that I learned it had output relays that can fail, while everything else in line still works.
Evidently, the random voltage fluctuations from turning the amplifiers on and off had been enough to cause the Venice 320 intermittent relay contacts to close, which led to the misdiagnosis, blaming the wrong relays..

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 26 queries.