ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic case issues.  (Read 1619 times)

John A Chiara

Mic case issues.
« on: December 15, 2020, 08:20:36 PM »

Just got a Gator mic case. 16 holes and a storage area. Works great for my 1 58....all other mics...SM 87..Senn...EV...etc..are too tall to fill the holes up with. What’s up with that? The promo said it works for all mics. Most ‘other’ mics are a good 3/4” longer than a 58.

Dave Guilford

Re: Mic case issues.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 09:16:36 PM »

Hope you got a return policy !

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 09:35:45 PM »

Just got a Gator mic case. 16 holes and a storage area. Works great for my 1 58....all other mics...SM 87..Senn...EV...etc..are too tall to fill the holes up with. What’s up with that? The promo said it works for all mics. Most ‘other’ mics are a good 3/4” longer than a 58.
Gator cases are affordable, but they tend to have an issue with their quality control.  I had an issue with a console case... they ended up sending me 3 cases before the problem was resolved.  Their support was very responsive... had no issues with that.  Open a support ticket and let them know what's going on.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 09:44:00 PM »

You must have the Titan. I bought the TSA model and have no problems with any mics I own

Gunther Mai

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 01:36:49 AM »

You must have the Titan. I bought the TSA model and have no problems with any mics I own
Yes, you should have the GM-15 TSA wich has 15 deeper holes that fit for any mics other than RE20, MD441 or shotguns ;)  and is less expensive instead of the GM-16 WP.
Microphone Cases normally don't have to swim down the river or freeze on the open back of a pickup in a snowy siberian winter night.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 06:18:34 AM »

I should have gotten the TSA model for my generic Slim Fast. That is a TSA agent having me open every bottle so I could take them on the plane. He was checking to see if they were the boom type liquid. My other option was the trash can. The TSA agent told me I could take this foto.

Marc Sibilia

• Princeton, New Jersey
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 12:36:03 PM »

I have the Gator Titan case and it is OK for my Sennheisers.  There is enough depth in the eggcrate foam on top to compress and fit.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 12:36:03 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.