ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer E-Commerce  (Read 18144 times)

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: Behringer E-Commerce
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2020, 12:26:50 PM »

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play"
That's tic-tac-toe, or is it Global Thermonuclear War?
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2020, 12:34:54 PM »

I totally understand, J.R. I was scrupulous with my phrasing to post from detached scientific observer's perspective.

OTOH it is difficult to have a meaningful thread regarding international manufacturing and trade and not bump into the 800 lb. P-word gorilla in the room.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2020, 12:40:34 PM »

That's tic-tac-toe, or is it Global Thermonuclear War?
Both I seem to remember......
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2020, 12:44:06 PM »

How about a nice game of chess?

Douglas R. Allen

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2020, 12:50:33 PM »

" Because the queens we use would not excite you"
" It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really such a pity, [/size]To be looking at the board, not looking at the city" [/color]
- Chess
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Daniel Levi

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2020, 01:50:12 PM »

"and if you're lucky then the gods a she"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgc_LRjlbTU

Daniel Levi

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2020, 08:46:05 AM »

Just this the following on Reddit from the user kelcema concerning what's happening vis-à-vis Music Trip distribution in America and how the different "grades" will be affected, hope the OP doesn't mind the repost,

https://www.reddit.com/r/livesound/comments/kkq6vw/update_to_music_group_changes/

Quote from: Kelcema on Reddit
There was a lot of chatter three weeks ago about the Music Group changing their distribution format when it comes to their products. I just got a dealer memo that has more information regarding these changes.
Salient points:
Our current US distributor (Starin) announced October 23, 2020, that their distribution agreement with Music Tribe is indeed ending as of 12/31/2020.
Music Tribe indeed is changing the way they sell most Behringer, Bugera, TC Helicon, TC Electronic and some Turbosound products. These are considered "musician, consumer, and prosumer" products, referred to by MT as "CREA." The CREA line is where Music Tribe is going to move to selling only to large e-commerce dealers that can buy in container loads and are willing to stock most of the products.
Music Tribe will continue their "Professional" (ENTE) lines, which include Midas, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Lake, Turbosound, and Klark-Teknik. (And Turbosound again, because my dealer memo had a redundant repetitive "Turbosound" there... lol.)
We (dealers) have a new distributor for the ENTE lines. Quoting this memo, "Most of the Professional products will not be available to the CREA resellers. There will be some "crossover" products, but we don't yet have a list of these items."
Bottom line, it sounds like the "big e-commerce dealers" may no longer get to offer for sale the "professional" Music Tribe brands, and us smaller dealers will still have access to them. The new distributor is working to fill backorders that were placed with the old distributor, and hopefully I'll be able to update you all as to when the supply chain is getting "back to normal" when it comes to the ENTE lines.
-Ray

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2020, 11:01:08 AM »

Just this the following on Reddit from the user kelcema concerning what's happening vis-à-vis Music Trip distribution in America and how the different "grades" will be affected, hope the OP doesn't mind the repost,

https://www.reddit.com/r/livesound/comments/kkq6vw/update_to_music_group_changes/

That's Ray Aberle, if i'm not mistaken.

An interesting development. Although I am wondering who sent him the letter, as I don't think I've gotten anything from Tribe explaining this.

Daniel Levi

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2020, 11:22:59 AM »

That's Ray Aberle, if i'm not mistaken.

An interesting development. Although I am wondering who sent him the letter, as I don't think I've gotten anything from Tribe explaining this.

Thought it was someone on here and in some ways it starts to make sense, most Behringer buyers are going to buy online and if it saves them money to do so, esp. of the extra sales from local music stores do not make up for the costs to supply them vs. the costs of direct to big box only.
Naturally if I do buy something like a Midas HD-96 or a Turbosound line array then I expect there to be someone on the end of a phone to help me, when your providing for the big guys you need the support to back it up, a local pub band not so much and the costs saved but that are probably more important to the "prosumer" user. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2020, 11:30:24 AM »

Thought it was someone on here and in some ways it starts to make sense, most Behringer buyers are going to buy online and if it saves them money to do so, esp. of the extra sales from local music stores do not make up for the costs to supply them vs. the costs of direct to big box only.
Naturally if I do buy something like a Midas HD-96 or a Turbosound line array then I expect there to be someone on the end of a phone to help me, when your providing for the big guys you need the support to back it up, a local pub band not so much and the costs saved but that are probably more important to the "prosumer" user.

Until Music Group/Tribe/Phalanx/whatever get their shit together on support and service it doesn't matter.  No Midas, no Turbo, and no LabG for us.

I guess I'm spoiled, but in the 40 years I've been in audio it's always been possible to get someone on the phone or email who can sort out problems except for Soundcraft - sorry, Tom D - and now anything related to Uli.  I'm unlikely to spend another US$ million on inventory but until there is a functional support system in place, you can be damn sure that IF I'm spending money it won't be with Music "group".
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2020, 11:30:24 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 25 queries.